October really snuck up on me. I don't know how, because I am always looking forward to my favorite month... but it really caught me off guard this year, perhaps because I slept in until 11 (what a bum) and awoke to 30 something degrees with rain. Bleh!
Anywho... this is going to be a good month. Make that an awesome month. As such, I feel the need for another Top Ten.
Top Ten Things I Love About (this) October
10. Graduation. As it stands right now, I am 64 clinical hours away from being finished with nursing school. Our graduation is October 31. Can't wait!
9. Speaking of October 31... Halloween (duh). Love Halloween. I think this year I am going all out. Maybe I can talk Kev into hosting a Halloween party. THAT would be awesome. Then I can do the totally dorky frozen hand in the blood looking punch (Sangria, mayhaps?), and those cookies that look like fingers... and spider cupcakes. I am over-the-top excited about this already, can you tell?
8. I love how fall really kicks into high gear. The leaves change, the temps cool (although it does NOT, repeat does NOT need to hit 30* again for a while. That was a bit much, thank you). But seriously... October IS fall.. and I love it.
7. For some reason, I am thinking this is going to be our bfp month. No particular reason why... but I just have a good feeling about it. Thinking positive.
6. Fall fashion. I was so excited to break out the Bearpaws (fake Uggs) and skinny jeans and scarves. I even picked up a new fleece vest and cute scarf yesterday. I love wearing cute coats that are not your typical Eskimo garb, which is what I normally wear from November-April up here. Love wearing light layers and maybe a light coat and still feeling comfortable.
5. Apple picking, pumpkin picking, mulled cider, hot chocolate... all things fall food/drink. Speaking of... I must find myself a pumpkin martini.
4. My pellet stove. We turned it on last night for a little while and I have it on right now. I love the smell and the cozy warmth. Next best thing to a fireplace... although with the easy clean up and cheap pellets (vs wood, holy expensiveness) I think I would choose the pellet stove. Anyway, love it. I look forward to turning it on every year.
3. Football. Yeah... it starts in August/September-ish... but it doesn't reallllly get addicting until now. The weather, the tailgating, the parties... this is the time of year where it is in high-gear. There is nothing better than a crisp fall breeze carrying the scent of chili and chicken wings through the air while you have a house full of friends screaming and yelling at the TV and doing imitation touch down dances. I love fall football.
2. Jeans to work day. I know (eyeroll) this is not exactly of Top Ten caliber, but in my little world... it sure is. There is only ONE day a year that we are allowed to wear jeans to work... and I look forward to it every.single.year. This coming Friday, October 7, will be the day. It's the little things... lol
1. MY BIRTHDAY!!! Don't tell me you didn't know? :) Normally, I hate birthdays. I don't want to get any older and the idea of "pushing 30" and not having any children yet does not thrill me. Nevertheless, I am looking forward to this birthday like it is my own personal holiday... and this year like it is going to be *my* year. Look out, world.
So... that's it. It's October, officially... and I am super happy about it. Fingers crossed that this is going to be as great of a month as I am thinking it will.