10.02.2011

Boredom, bragging and a recipe

Dh decided to take my car to work today, because his... well... the driver's side window doesn't roll up and it was 30 something and raining.  Now you would think this would be motivation to get the window fixed... but in any case, I was nice, I shared.

I couldn't really fall back asleep after he left so I got up and tooled around online for a while, then I cleaned the house and got dinner started... a yummy crock pot meatloaf.  I'll take some pics and post the recipe later (If I remember).  I cleaned a little more... then the boredom set it.

The victim of my boredom??  Poor little Lucy...
Picture
Look closely...
Picture
Yeah... they're pink.  I'm not exactly proud.
Picture
I hope DH learned a valuable lesson today.  I cannot be left home alone (or with Lucy) with no car.
Picture
**Update**  So Kevin stopped at the grocery store on the way home to pick up a few things that I needed for dinner (and I was not about to drive his windowless car to go get myself)... anyway... he came home with a dozen pink roses and the new Lady Antebellum cd.

::sigh:: love that guy.  How on earth did I get so lucky.


And now for the recipe... Bacon Topped Chedar Meatloaf
Picture
I actually started with this recipe from kraftfoods.com for Slow Cooker Cheeseburger Meatloaf:
  http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/slow-cooker-cheeseburger-meatloaf-115338.aspx
and doctored it up a bit.  I do like the idea of starting it (or cooking it completely) in the crock pot.  Yet another use for my awesome crock pot.

Here is my version...

  • 1lb ground meat (I used a combination of frozen leftovers... 1/2 lb ground meatloaf mix, which is beef pork and veal and 1/2 lb of ground turkey)
  • 1 cup breadcrumbs (can also use stuffing mix)
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/4 cup diced onion
  • 1/4 cup ketchup
  • seasonings to taste, I used Steak Burger Seasoning
  • 6 slices of uncooked bacon
Mix all ingrediants (except bacon) and form into a loaf on a large piece of foil.  Set the loaf into the crock pot (use excess foil on the ends like handles) and cook on high for about 3 hours.  Take the loaf out of the crock pot and set onto a baking sheet.  Top the meatloaf with the bacon (and extra cheese, if you want) and bake in the oven at 350* for about 20-30 minutes, or until the bacon is fully cooked.

Serve with mashed potatoes, gravy and a veggie.  That's some good home cookin'!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment