9.29.2011

Recipe: Buffalo Chicken Mac-n-Cheese

As I write this post, I have the most beautiful, amazing, scrumptious glass dish full of deliciousness in my oven right now.  I am so excited that I am practically drooling right now.  Last night on The Bump, on of the ladies posted a link to this recipe on Rainy Day Gal's blog...

http://rainydaygal.com/2010/08/23/buffalo-chicken-mac-and-cheese/

It took every ounce of self control to NOT start cooking right away.  I absolutely LOVE mac-n-cheese... Kevin absolutely LOVES buffalo chicken.  This dish is a match made perfectly for us. 

And now.... drum roll, please... it's done!!!  Ta-daaa!!!
Picture
Isn't it glorious?

We followed the directions on the website, but substituted skim milk (it turned out just fine, not runny) and used shredded cheese (vs cubed).   We also used 1/2 pepper jack and 1/2 sharp chedder.  A-MA-ZING!!!
Picture
We originally thought about just mixing it all together (vs layering it), but we decided to do as it said and I'm glad we did.  While it does sort of blend together, the bites with chicken have a definite kick to them and the bites with all mac-n-cheese still have a hint of spice, but are mostly just creamy, cheesy and delicious!

Overall, an A+++++++  So yummy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment