10.20.2011

D-U-N

It's official.  I am completely finished with nursing school (except for that whole graduation thing... lol).  But seriously.  I am finished with my classes, my labs, my tests, my clinicals... everything.  The only thing standing between me and my new career is one teensy little (read: HUGE) test... my boards.  I am nervous and excited to take my boards and move on to this next chapter in my life... but for today (and for this whole weekend coming up) I am just plain freaking happy that nursing school is O-V-E-R.

I have sat through overwhelming lectures, taken intense exams, had my every move in clinical scrutinized, gone on little to no sleep for days, cared for ungrateful patients, dealt with rude staff and piss-poor instructors... but I survived. 

I also learned a tremendous amount about myself and what I am capable of, I made lifelong friends and realized just how much I rely on my husband.  I developed a deeper appreciation for all those in the healthcare field- especially nurses and came to understand the true meaning of empathy.  I feel like I really grew as a human being and now care about and for people on a whole new level.

While making the decision to go to nursing school was one of the craziest things I have ever done and was the beginning of 2 1/2 of the most insanely difficult, frustrating years of my life... it was one of the best decisions I have ever made.

Ok... off my "I'm so finished with nursing school" pedestal....

Yesterday while I was at clinical, Kevin decided to (ahem... finally) rake the leaves in our front yard.  I was beginning to forget that we HAD a front yard because it has been completely... and I mean completely (see below)
covered in leaves.  Ok... I guess there is a little grass over there to the left.  But really... it was crazy how fast all of the leaves fell off our big tree.  In just a day or two it was completely wiped out.  DH said it took him all afternoon to get that mess under control.
He was so proud of himself that he took a picture of his hard work.  He said he thought I might want it for my blog... I think he is catching on to my excessive picture taking and blogging.  Love that guy!
I haven't uploaded any Lucy pics in a while so here is one from earlier tonight... shortly after I caught her chewing a wine cork into a bazillion pieces.  Doesn't she look so innocent?

Oh... I do have to brag about my dinner tonight.  I finally found a way to make my meat and potatoes man enjoy some brussel sprouts.  Really.  lol
Brussel Sprouts with Pancetta

I took 2 handfuls of chopped brussel sprouts and flash boiled them in salt water.  Meanwhile, I browned/crisped some diced pancetta and a clove of garlic in a skillet with a little bit of oil.  Then I strained the sprouts and tossed them in with the pancetta.  I turned the heat down, put the lid on and let them cook together for a few minutes.  They were delicious!

In TTC news, AF came today.  I had that impending AF doom feeling all day yesterday and just *knew this wasn't our cycle (despite how hopeful I was earlier this month).  I was pretty upset last night and shed more than a tear or two on the way home.  She visited in full force today and sealed the deal.  Its really frustrating to watch another cycle go down the drain.  This is only #2 for us, but I am already just so impatient.  I can't imagine how couples deal with IF for years.  This is really just such an emotional roller coaster full of hope and heartbreak.  We will continue trying and, God willing, will be able to start our family soon.

So... tonight... I am enjoying a wonderful glass of Moscato from Villa Bellangelo (Seneca Lake) and hanging with the hubs.  I know we have many exciting things coming in the near future for us, but for tonight... I am just so happy to be right where I am.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment