10.17.2011

Good start to a long week

This is my last week of clinical... 1500-2330 Tuesday and Wednesday (after work).... and that's it.  I can't believe this is really the end!  It seems too good to be true. 

Today was a pretty hectic day at work, especially since I took Friday off.  It never really pays to take a day off because I always feel like I have ten times the amount of stuff to catch up on when I get back.  I truly can't wait to begin the type of work that doesn't follow me home or haunt me the next day.  I can't wait to simply care for my patients the best I possibly can during the day... and then leave and start fresh the next day... not start off with 25 voice mails, 400 emails and a to-do list a mile long.

I am so done with this job, with the .  I am counting the days until I can wear my scrubs, work crazy shifts, and just be a nurse.

To celebrate the beginning of the end, I decided to try out a new recipe.  I made a Wasabi Terryaki Pork Stir Fry over brown rice.
I didn't really use a recipe, just cooked some sliced pork in a wasabi terryaki marinade form Wegmans.  Meanwhile, I cooked the brown rice and steamed some sliced peppers (red, yellow and orange... looks so pretty, doesn't it?) and onions in the microwave.  Once steamed, I tossed the veggies in with the pork and served over rice.  Super simple and super delish!

After dinner, I just enjoyed spending some time with Kevin (I really haven't seen him much lately)... and spoiled myself with a homemade root beer float.  Yum!
Picture

No comments:

Post a Comment