8.28.2011

I'm a cooking machine!!!

I only eat breakfast on weekends.  I know that's terrible, but I just can't seem to drag myself out of bed early enough during the week.  Week day "breakfast" usually consists of a granola bar and some coffee at my desk.  Saturday is a little better with a bagel and some fruit before I head out to the Farmer's Market.  But Sunday... oh I love Sunday breakfast.  This is the one day when Kevin (if he is off) and I go all out.... bacon & eggs, loaded french toast, omelettes, anything we want.  A big Sunday breakfast is our thing. 

For breakfast this morning, I decided to make one of my southern faves... Sunny Side Up Stuffing Muffins.  Sounds a little odd... bear with me...

Ingredients (makes 6 muffins):
  • 1 Box of Stove Top Stuffing Mix (any kind), follow directions on box to prepare.  I use chicken stock/broth instead of water for more flavor
  • 1/2 lb hot sausage (can be any kind of sausage, but DH likes it hot!!)  cook and crumble into small pieces
  • 1/2 Shredded Cheddar cheese (optional)
  • 6 eggs sunny side up, or however you like them cooked
Picture
Mix cooked sausage into the stuffing and press into Pam sprayed muffin tins.  This should be enough to fill 6 large muffins about 3/4 way full.  Bake in the oven at 350* for about 10 min.

Remove from the oven and sprinkle cheese on top of each muffin (toally optional, but who doesn't love cheese?) and return to oven for 1-2 minutes, until cheesse melts.

Top each muffin with a sunny side up egg.  YUM!!!
Picture
Next up... Bacon Topped BBQ Stuffed Jalapenos

We made these for a party that we hosted a few weeks ago.  They turned out perfectly and I have been kind of craving them ever since.  Well, yesterday I got a great deal on a huge box of jalapenos at the Farme's Market... so I figured that ws a sign that I should make them again.
Picture
Ingredients (makes 24):
  • 12 jalapeno peppers, halved.  Clean out seeds, ribs
  • 1 brick (8oz) cream cheese
  • 1 cup leftover BBQ meat (can be brisket, pork, chicken) for this, I used chicken
  • 1 cup cheese (I use 1/2c parmesean, 1/2c shdredded cheddar)
  • 12 pieces cooked bacon, cut in half
Chop leftover BBQ meat, combine with cream cheese and cheese.  Fill each pepper half with cream cheese mixture and top with 1/2 piece of bacon.  Grill or bake in oven at 400* for 5 minutes.  Spicy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment