8.06.2011

Recipe: Southern Comfort

I had a rough day.  I worked my first shift at my per diem job since April.  While the shift itself wasn't too terrible... it still wasn't as awesome as my normal Saturday.  Needless to say, when I got home, I was ready to console myself with some yummy comfort food and an ice cold beer.
Picture
 My Southern Comfort Dinner:
Country (Baked) Fried Steak, Rough Mashed Potatoes, Sweet Corn and White Gravy
Steak:
Cube steak (cheap cut of meat, but perfect for this dish)
Dip in an egg wash with egg, milk and pepper
Coat in bread crumbs with pepper and seasonings to taste
Bake at 350* for one hour
Potatoes:
Boil potatoes (skins on) and give a rough, choppy mash with only a little bit of milk, salt and pepper
White Gravy:
I cheated (gasp!), used a seasoning packet and mixed with 1 cup each of milk and water (vs 2 cups water, makes it creamier)
Sweet Corn:
Frozen steamer bag from Wegmans

No comments:

Post a Comment