8.02.2011

Top 10

A fellow CNY Knottie, acmj11/, posted a hilarious "Top 10" list yesterday and I wanted to share... keep in mind she has been planning her wedding for about 18 months and is just 10 days away.  For anyone who is in the planning stages or recently married, this will probably ring a bell.  Enjoy.

"Top 10 Reasons to Elope

10.  Writing out the invitations by hand.  I did EVERY SINGLE ONE by myself.  It really sucked.  A lot.

9.  Figuring out the rehearsal dinner.  OMG!  Formal vs. casual, inside vs. outside.  I lost this one, and you know what?  It wasn't even worth it. This was more stressful than I ever thought it would be.  Good thing we're getting married on a Friday.  Because our rehearsal is on a Thursday, we were able to book it last minute.

8.  The expense.  Grrrr...I originally wanted something untraditional, lowkey, etc.  Somehow everything spiraled out of control.  Our guest list got up to 260 and it turned into this big formal production.  I come from a BIG Italian family...I guess I should have seen it coming.

7.  Oh, so you're RSVPing for 2?  That's interesting because I didn't invite your plus one.

6.  This seating chart is driving me insane.  Sit where I put you and like it

5.  Fighting the Bridezilla urge.  Now I really think I've been a reasonable and easy going bride.  All I asked for was a black patent leather shoe.  I don't care what height, whether its strappy, or a pump, or open-toed.  Why are you fighting me on this?  Don't make me remind you that the specific pair I was forced to wear for your wedding is sitting in my closet and I will never wear them again.

4.  This one kind of goes hand in hand with number 7.  When the seamstress pinned my sister's dress at the knee to be hemmed, she remarked, "Are you sure that's wear you want it?  One of the other bridesmaids got hers a lot shorter."  Seriously????  I'm going to take deep breaths and hope for the best on this one.

3.   Just because you asked me to be in your wedding, does not mean I owe it to you to be in mine.  Just because I don't ask you doesn't mean we're not friends.  Get a grip and be thankful that you get to come without shelling out the extra cash you would have if you were in the wedding party.

2.  Grrrr.... weddings and blended families do NOT mix.  I don't think I have to elaborate on this one.

1.  I can't wait until things go back to normal with my family.  My dad can't handle anything and I don't really feel like I should be talking to my stepmom about everything.  For crying out loud, dad, it's YOUR daughter's wedding!!" 

Athena has inspired me to create my own "Top 10" list, which I will work on this week... for now... back to the grind.

No comments:

Post a Comment