9.01.2011

Hello fall!!!

I know it's only September first and "fall" doesn't officially start for a few more weeks, but I can't help myself.  I love fall.

Last night was the first night that we didn't have to run the horrendously white trash-y window unit air conditioner all night.  I woke up and it was a chilly 50-something degrees.  It was a beautiful thing.  On my way in to work, I stopped at Dunkin' Donuts and enjoyed a delicious pumpkin coffee.  I am lovin' life this week!

Before I spoil the rest of my post, I better get right to the point...

Top 10 Things I LOVE About Fall

10.  Pumpkin coffee/lattes.  If only they were calorie-free

9.  Leaves.  I grew up in Florida and never got to experience the whole leaves changing color thing.  Palm trees don't change colors, ya know.  Anyway, it's beautiful... and the Finger Lakes wine region has the absolute BEST fall scenery I have ever had the pleasure of enjoying... paired with a glass of NY State wine... perfection.

8.  Speaking of wine... mulled wine.  It's kind of amazing.  If you haven't tried it, you are definitely missing out.  Whip some up in the crock pot and your house will smell fabulous.  If I'm not in a wine mood (or if I happen to get lucky enough to get pregnant this fall)... mulled cider it shall be!

7.  Apple picking.  I am kind of partial to Beak-n-Skiff... mostly because the have an apple winery too.  It's always a great date with the hubby and means I get to enjoy apple crisp and apple pie for weeks!  yay!

6.  Cheaper electricity bills.  I know I know... it's not all warm and fuzzy... but who doesn't love September and October for the wonderfully decreased electricity bills.  I sure do!!

5.  Jeans!  I must own about 20 pairs of jeans that have been piled up just staring at me for the past 4 months.  Don't get me wrong, I love summer clothes and practically lived in a bikini during my teenage years in Florida... but I so love my jeans and love getting to wear them again.

4.  Snuggling.  Mushy, yeah.  but seriously... who wants to get all cuddly when it's 90+ degrees?  Not me.  I can't wait until it's just a little bit chilly outside and I get to snuggle up on Kevin and enjoy his body heat.  I always call him my polar bear because he loves the cold.  I sissy out at about 50*

3.  Closet shopping.  This goes hand in hand with #5.  Twice a year I completely change my wardrobe.  I will soon be retiring all of my tank tops and shorts... and diggging out my box of fall.winter clothes... you know.... the Bearpaw boots (yep, too cheap to buy Uggs... so what?)... the skinny jeans, cute sweaters, scarves, hoodies... all of it.  It's like going shopping in my own closet and I look forward to it every year.  Come spring, I will be sick of the eskimo getup and ready to bust out the shorts again, but for now... I am excited for a change.

2.  Fire.  Bonfires, fires in our pellet stove, all of it.  I love fire.  No, I'm not a pyro... but I love sitting around a fire with some friends, drinking beer and signing along to our fav music... or cuddling up with Kevin and watching a movie in front of our pellet stove.  And the smell... ugh... LOVE the smell of fire.

1.  Pumpkin Ice Cream from Gannons.  Of course it was going to be food related.  I am an uber fat-kid at heart.  Gannons pumpkin ice cream is the epitome of fall, to me... and it is so absolutely delicious.

Well... that's my top ten for fall... what's yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment