9.02.2011

Facebook.... really?!?!?!

Apparently, some genius thought it would be a fabulous idea to raise breast cancer awareness by creating a game that involved women "faking" a pregnancy announcement on FB.  WTF. 

I could go on for light years on how I feel about this, but instead I will include a link to someone who has already posted a perfect response to this ridiculous game. 

Please take a moment to read what this woman has to say about this stupid "game"... and think before you post.

http://cgwardphotography.blogspot.com/2011/08/regarding-facebook-breast-cancer.html
On a positive note, I have decided to join and share my story with the "I am the face" campaign.   Perhaps you noticed my new badge on the right (copied below).
Picture
Did you know that 1 in 4 women have been or will be affected by miscarriage, stillbirth or infant loss?  1 in 4!!!!!!!!! 

I am normally not the most sensitive person in the world, nor am I easily offended by other people's stupidity.... but with a statistic like that, the chances are pretty good that someone you know has been touched by such a tragedy.

It's one thing to make a legit pregnancy announcement.  A huge congratulations to you!!!  But to "fake" a pregnancy when so many women would give anything for a "real" one... is just plain cruel.  Not to mention that many women who are breast cancer survivors are now infertile as a result of their treatment.... how's that for bitter irony?

Think before you speak or post.

In the hopes of spreading the word about this silent grief that so many women share, I have decided to share my story with the "Faces of Loss, Faces of Hope" campaign.  You can read it here... http://facesofloss.com/2011/09/3076.html#more-3076

I encourage anyone to browse this site and support this cause.  Chances are, unfortunately, you or someone close to you has or will have to face this sad situation.  Help them or help yourself to break the silence and grieve out loud.

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment