5.08.2012

Project Nursery: Sneak Peek

Since we have opted to not find out the gender of our baby until he or she arrives, deciding on a nursery theme/colors has been a bit of a challenge, to say the least.  It's amazing that from the very first moments, everything seems to be strictly divided in pinks/purples and blues/greens.  I searched high and low to find a nursery set that would work for either a little prince or princess and came up empty handed.  Finally, after venting to Kevin about how difficult this whole project was, he looked at me dumbfounded and just said "Why don't you do a beach theme?"...

::insert light bulb blinking and fireworks going off here::

Duh!!  Kevin loves the beach and he is a boy... I love the beach and I am a girl.  Problem solved and Project Beach Bum Nursery was born.

I was then able to focus my bedding set search on beachy/tropical patterns, but still couldn't find anything I liked, let alone loved.  Finally, I thought "the heck with these bedding sets... I don't really need most of the items included anyway" and wandered through JoAnn fabrics, hoping to find some inspiration.  I came across this print...
 And the rest just snowballed from there.  


Kevin really took the beach theme and ran with it.  He found a really pretty aqua blue paint to pain the top half of the room, then found a sand colored paint, with sand texture to paint the bottom half.  The pictures don't do it justice... it's really a beach bum's paradise.


I found a cute sign at The Christmas Tree Shops that sums up our room perfectly...

We wanted to somehow incorporate our love of country music also, so we decided to snipe some quotes from some of our favorite beachy/country songs...



  



 












The almost finished room (minus the crib and recliner)...
 
Kevin found a cute sea turtle pillow (named Toby the Turtle) that he picked up.  Lucy immediately laid claim to this new find.

 Our crib finally came in last week, so Kevin and Lucy worked very hard to put it together...

And... ta-daa!!  The finished product (minus the mattress... of course)









It's still a work in progress and we certainly have some details to wrap up, but so far, I am very pleased with how everything is coming together.  :)  It's becoming very very real now.

No comments:

Post a Comment