5.30.2012

32 Week Check In

32 weeks and growing growing growing!!!  Baby is getting stronger every day (my poor ribs have been getting the brunt of baby's workouts lately) and my belly is getting bigger by the moment!  I actually had someone at work last week tell me about 1/2 way through the shift that I looked bigger than when we started!  Yikes!!  We now have less than 2 months to go before we get to meet our new little Mr. or Miss... so excited!!

How Big Is Baby?
 
  • A squash and approaching 4 pounds.  Wowza!
Baby’s Development
  • Baby may have turned so s/he’s in the head-down position by now, poised for the trip down the birth canal. And I may have noticed your nipples looking darker. That’s so a preemie can see them for breastfeeding -- isn't the human body so amazing?
How Big Is Mommy?
  •  These pictures are from Monday, when Kevin and I went out to dinner to celebrate our first wedding anniversary.  :)  

How Am I feeling?
  • Physically:  Still having back issues, but they seem to be calming down a tiny bit.  I have a chiropractor appointment tomorrow, so we'll see if that helps.  I have noticed that I am much more sensitive to the heat.  I grew up in Florida- a total beach bum- and you couldn't possibly make it hot enough to bother me.  Now I find myself heading inside and hunting for cool air after only a few minutes of playing in the yard with Lucy.  It's pretty crazy. 
  • Emotionally:  Wonderful, although I was pretty darn emotional on Monday.  It was very powerful to reflect on the first year of marriage with my amazing husband, all that we have accomplished, all that we have been through, and all that we have to look forward to.  I found myself tearing up (ok bawling, but don't tell anyone) more than once.  We are so truly blessed and, although I do know this and thank God for my blessings on a daily basis, sometimes when you hit a certain milestone you really open your eyes to see the full picture.
Any new developments, milestones?  Anything new?
  • Appointment went well last Thursday.  I can't believe we are down to appointments every two weeks!  And soon, every week!  Yikes!  I have been cleared to travel to Pittsburgh and to South Carolina (although I think my OB thinks I am a crazy person for wanting to spend 12+ hours in a car at this point).  The NP (who I totally believe knows the gender) was toying with us a bit.  She asked if we had any guesses, then as we listened to the heartbeat (LOVE that sound), she said "Oh I don't know... it's right in the middle... could go either way."  :)  I know they know... but it's really cool of them to build up the surprise.
 Love/Hate:
  • Love: Water!  Water water water water water.  To drink, to put my feet in (Lucy has a kiddie pool that I borrow... she doesn't mind).  If only I had water to swim in, I would be one fat and happy pregnant lady.  Hopefully we will get to enjoy a pool this weekend, then when we go down to South Carolina, I am FINDING some water to lay in... all.day.long.  I am going to beach myself like a belluga whale and everyone else can go do what they do.  :)  I love water.
  • Hate:  That I am seriously becoming a wimp in the heat.  It's not like me and I don't like it.  I don't want to say I hate the hot weather... because I don't.  I wait all year for this stuff... but right now I hate that I don't love it like I used to.  Perhaps it's all of this extra weight I am lugging around these days.
Any upcoming developments, milestones?  What's next?
  • Next OB appointment is next week. 
  • Visiting the in-laws this weekend.  Although I am less than thrilled about spending 6 hours in a car, to spend one day with them... I'm hoping it will be a good trip regardless.

No comments:

Post a Comment