5.16.2012

30 Week Check In

We are 3/4 baked!  Holy cow!!!  I can't believe that my countdown is in the single digits for weeks... it's amazing.  I remember when I was counting down for my wedding and how exciting it was to have "less than 10" to go.  Next up will be 35/35... then it's the home stretch.  I am so thrilled to have made it this far and so excited to know that in a few short weeks I will be holding my little baby boy or girl.

How Big Is Baby?
 
  • A cucumber long and well over 3 pounds now.
Baby’s Development
  • 30 weeks, s/he’s not just moving a lot, s/he’s also plumping up. And as s/he continues to put pressure on my digestive system, I'm going to feel the effects: hemorrhoids (lovely), heartburn, pelvic pain and frequent urination are all common at this stage in the game.
How Big Is Mommy?

 
  •  This is from this past Sunday, Mother's Day.  I will try to upload a new one soon.  :)
How Am I feeling?
  • Physically:  Back is killllllling me now.  The chiropractor appointment was a quick fix, but wore off just as fast.  I am trying to remember to be more diligent with my stretching... yeah... not doing such a great job so far, but I'll get around to it.
  • Emotionally:  Great.  We have made a ton of progress with preparation and the nursery and I am starting to feel *ready*... although I'm sure that is subject to change and I anticipate a few more freak outs before baby arrives.  Otherwise, I am enjoying being pregnant... I know that despite all of the aches and pains, I will miss feeling this baby moving and groving in my belly.
Any new developments, milestones?  Anything new?
  • Appointment went well last Thursday.  I was told that I need to gain more weight (just in case you don't remember, 2 months ago I was told to gain more weight... last month I was told to slow down on the weight gain... now we are back to gain more weight)... it's enough to drive me crazy.  Aside from my over/under weight gain (pffffff) everything else looks great.  I am now down to appointments every 2 weeks instead of every 4... exciting and nerve wracking all at once.  I'm kind of curious whether I will get to have another ultrasound, but every time I go in, I forget to ask.
  • My in-laws surprised Kevin and I by buying several things off our registry.  We now have a pack-and-play set up, a mattress for our crib and a recliner waiting to be picked up at BRU.  The nursery is filling up fast.  We are so truly blessed to have such wonderful, generous family and friends. 
 Love/Hate:
  • Love: I had a bit of an obsession with Olive Garden bread sticks this week.  On my way into work Monday, I called and ordered some to pick up... and by some I mean 2 dozen... and (of course) a pint of alfredo sauce.  I honestly had no intention of sharing.  I ended up eating bread sticks for 3 days and now I could care less if I ever see another bread stick in my life.  They were, however, absolutely delicious and everything I hoped they would be at the moment.  Satisfying a craving is a pretty rewarding feeling.  lol
  • Hate:  Back pain... still.  Yep.  Still hate it.
Any upcoming developments, milestones?  What's next?
  • Next OB appointment is next week. 
  • My mom might actually be coming up to visit this weekend, which would be so awesome!!  I won't know until tomorrow whether she will be able to catch a flight, but I am keeping my fingers crossed!  If she comes up, I am going to try to sneak in for a quick 3D ultrasound... we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment