We are 3/4 baked! Holy cow!!! I can't believe that my countdown is in the single digits for weeks... it's amazing. I remember when I was counting down for my wedding and how exciting it was to have "less than 10" to go. Next up will be 35/35... then it's the home stretch. I am so thrilled to have made it this far and so excited to know that in a few short weeks I will be holding my little baby boy or girl.
How Big Is Baby?
How Big Is Baby?
- A cucumber long and well over 3 pounds now.
- 30 weeks, s/he’s not just moving a lot, s/he’s also plumping up. And as s/he continues to put pressure on my digestive system, I'm going to feel the effects: hemorrhoids (lovely), heartburn, pelvic pain and frequent urination are all common at this stage in the game.
- This is from this past Sunday, Mother's Day. I will try to upload a new one soon. :)
How Am I feeling?
- Physically: Back is killllllling me now. The chiropractor appointment was a quick fix, but wore off just as fast. I am trying to remember to be more diligent with my stretching... yeah... not doing such a great job so far, but I'll get around to it.
- Emotionally: Great. We have made a ton of progress with preparation and the nursery and I am starting to feel *ready*... although I'm sure that is subject to change and I anticipate a few more freak outs before baby arrives. Otherwise, I am enjoying being pregnant... I know that despite all of the aches and pains, I will miss feeling this baby moving and groving in my belly.
Any new developments, milestones? Anything new?
- Appointment went well last Thursday. I was told that I need to gain more weight (just in case you don't remember, 2 months ago I was told to gain more weight... last month I was told to slow down on the weight gain... now we are back to gain more weight)... it's enough to drive me crazy. Aside from my over/under weight gain (pffffff) everything else looks great. I am now down to appointments every 2 weeks instead of every 4... exciting and nerve wracking all at once. I'm kind of curious whether I will get to have another ultrasound, but every time I go in, I forget to ask.
- My in-laws surprised Kevin and I by buying several things off our registry. We now have a pack-and-play set up, a mattress for our crib and a recliner waiting to be picked up at BRU. The nursery is filling up fast. We are so truly blessed to have such wonderful, generous family and friends.
- Love: I had a bit of an obsession with Olive Garden bread sticks this week. On my way into work Monday, I called and ordered some to pick up... and by some I mean 2 dozen... and (of course) a pint of alfredo sauce. I honestly had no intention of sharing. I ended up eating bread sticks for 3 days and now I could care less if I ever see another bread stick in my life. They were, however, absolutely delicious and everything I hoped they would be at the moment. Satisfying a craving is a pretty rewarding feeling. lol
- Hate: Back pain... still. Yep. Still hate it.
Any upcoming developments, milestones? What's next?
- Next OB appointment is next week.
- My mom might actually be coming up to visit this weekend, which would be so awesome!! I won't know until tomorrow whether she will be able to catch a flight, but I am keeping my fingers crossed! If she comes up, I am going to try to sneak in for a quick 3D ultrasound... we'll see.