7.07.2013

Kennedy's 49 Week Check In

We are closing in fast on one year.  Gulp.  Baby girl has really improved her communication skills this week.  She has also been much more affectionate and, at times, even a little clingy.  Is it crazy to admit that I kind of like it?  She is now wrapping her arms around my neck and giving me hugs and kisses, calling "mama" when I walk into the house as she toddles over to me and calling out to Lucy "puh puh" when she wants to play.  It is truly amazing to watch her grow and learn.  She has also been walking a lot more than crawling lately.  Actually almost always walking.  So cool.  :)

How Big Is Baby?
  • Kennedy is probably around 19, maybe even close to 20 pounds now.  She has grown so much.  I am excited to see the official stats at her next appointment.
  • Clothing wise, to be honest, she is almost always in just a diaper.  If we go out, I will put a tank and shorts or a dress on her... but it has been so hot this week that she has been rocking just the dipe a lot.  Lucky baby. 
  • Shoes?  Blah!  What are those?!?!  Not this week!!
  • Full time cloth diapering. Still size smalls and one sizes, but moving up another row of snaps on most of them.  They are almost fully extended length-wise now.

Development & Milestones
  • She is waving "bye bye" like a maniac now and will do it when I just say "bye bye" instead of mimicking me wave
  • She also knows what a phone is and where it goes.  When I pick up her play phone and pretend to talk on it, then hand it to her and say "it's for you", she will put it to her ear and get a big smile.  So funny!
  • She is able to sign "more" and "all done" now.  She isn't 100% using them in context just yet and still requires some prompting, but she is getting there.
  • 4 teeth on top now and 4 on the bottom now. 

Diet/Nursing
  • Nursing was great this week.  She is still nursing in the middle of the night once, sometimes twice, but that's ok with me.  I can sleep when she grows up.  I love our middle of the night snuggles and nursing sessions.
  • Pumping at work is fine.
  • BLW was pretty good this week.  Her appetite is back, but I have noticed her becomming more picky.  She LOVEs chicken nuggets and grapes.  Pretty much everything else has been take it or leave it, but I know I can always get her to eat chicken nuggets or grapes.
 
Sleep
  • Sleep has been back to normal.  She goes down much easier now, but still wakes once or twice a night.  She only fusses a tiny bit, I nurse her then she falls right back to sleep.
  • Naps were all over the place, but they worked.  Some days she napped twice for an hour or two each... some days she only napped once, but for 3 hours.  I think she might be working toward phasing out her second nap, but we are kind of in between right now.  Hey, as long as she naps... I'm happy.

PP Mommy Check In

  • This week was awesome.  I got a few runs in, a few killer ab workouts and some cardio.  I feel great!
  • Even better.... we finally got scale batteries!!  I am back at 120.
  • *For reference, my highest pregnancy weight was 162, my pre-pregnancy weight was 130 and my goal weight is 125*

How Is Daddy?
  • Kevin had a pretty good week.  He worked outside a lot... mowing the lawn, re-doing our deck.  He got a nice tan and got to burn a few calories in the process.
  • Weight-wise, he is hanging right around 200.  He is disappointed because he thought with all of the work outside he would be under, but I think my cooking may have prevented that.

Any appointments, visitors or outings? Anything else new?
  • We actually got to meet up with a few of my online friends in Rochester this week!!  It was wonderful to see them and their sweet little rainbow babies.  Hopefully there will be more get togethers to come.
  • Cloth diapering is still going great!!

Product Rave:
  • The pack-n-play has returned!  I thought we were done with it, but I have learned that it works perfectly as a toddler containment device when I need to power clean or take a quick shower.


Any upcoming developments, milestones? What's next?
  • Birthday countdown... 3 weeks!  WHOAH!!!

Picture Time

No comments:

Post a Comment