12.30.2012

Kennedy's 22 Week Check In


5 months down, first Christmas over, the end of the year baby girl was born is right around the corner.  I just can't believe how fast this year has flown by and how quickly Kennedy is growing and changing.

How Big Is Baby?





  • Kennedy is at least 14 pounds now.  She is also growing noticeably longer.  (She can touch the floor from her jumparoo and bounces like a maniac!)
  • We did another closet purge this week.  K can still wear 3 month tops and 3 month bottoms... but anything that is one piece (like sleep and plays)... she is in 6 or 9 month.
  • Full time cloth diapering. One size and smalls with two medium fleece soakers.

Development & Milestones
  • Kennedy can sit perfectly now.  It is so fun to watch her sit like a big girl and play with her toys. 
  • She is doing great with her rolling and mini push ups.  When she lays on her belly, she kicks up a storm, but doesn't really get anywhere yet.  It won't be long before she is crawling, but not quite yet.
  • Still no teeth... but still teething.
Diet/Nursing
  • Nursing is still going great!  This week I am going to practice nursing in my ring sling.  We will be taking our first plane ride in a few weeks and I want to make sure I can nurse discreetly in the sling for take off and landing.  Wish me luck!
  • Pumping at work is also going well.
Sleep

  • Still sleeping in 4 hour stretches with an occasional 5 hour stretch, which is glorious!
  • Naps have been ok this week.  She has been taking longer to go down for her nap (fussing and fighting to stay awake) and when she finally does fall asleep, it's only been for 20 or 30 minutes at a time.  I'm not sure what that's all about, but I hope this phase passes fast.  Nap time is when mommy cleans and gets things done around the house.
PP Mommy Check In

  • Down another pound or two.  Weird.
  • Right now I am about 123 lbs.  
  • *For reference, my highest pregnancy weight was 162, my pre-pregnancy weight was 130 and my goal weight is 125* 

How Is Daddy?

  • Kevin has had a wonderful week.  He enjoyed 3 days off for Christmas and wrapped up his last week as a housekeeper.  Next week starts a new job with better hours/days and better pay.  He is very excited to be able to have every night and weekend off with his baby girl.

Any appointments, visitors or outings?  Anything else new?

  • Christmas was wonderful!!  New Years is coming up.  I can't believe in a few days it will be "My baby was born last year."  I'm not looking forward to leaving her birth year behind, but excited to see what 2013 has in store for us
  • Cloth diapering is still going great!! 

  Product Rave: 

  • Teething Necklace... baby girl loves to chew on anything she can get her hands on and this has managed to keep her occupied and happy for long stretches.
Any upcoming developments, milestones?  What's next?

  • The end of Kennedy's birth year is in 2 days.  2012 has been such an amazing year that I am sad to see it end... but I know 2013 will be an amazing year full of many firsts.  Bring it on!!
  • Next pediatrician appointment for Kennedy is in January for her 6 month check up.
  • We will be taking our first trip on an airplane in a little more than a week.  We are flying down to Orlando to see my family.  I can't wait to post pictures.  :) 
  Picture Time:

No comments:

Post a Comment