12.06.2012

Recipe: BEST.meatballs.EVER (according to my husband)

*I cannot vouch for the accuracy of his claim because he gobbled them all up before I had a chance to try one...

A little back story... My husband works first shift and I work second.  We "baby swap" in the parking garage most days when he is leaving and I am arriving.  Fun stuff.  I like to *try* (key word TRY) to get something in the crock pot for him for dinner before I leave for work.  More often than not, the last hour or so before I leave for work is complete and utter chaos.  Kennedy is waking up from her nap, I'm trying to get all the pieces of my breast pump sterilized and packed (doing this the night before would make a lot more sense... but that just never happens), Kennedy blows out a diaper then wants to nurse, Lucy destroys a fluffy dog toy all over the living room, etc etc etc.  And in the midst of all of this, I am scrambling to throw a bunch of stuff in my crock pot that may or may not be edible.  :) 
This is why I went nutso with the crock pot meals (link here) before Kennedy arrived.  When things get really crazy, I just grab a bag from my freezer, toss it in the crock pot and run out the door.

So earlier in the week, I had the foresight to thaw out a pound of ground beef.  What for?  I dunno.  Just seemed like a good idea at the time.  Yesterday I knew I needed to use the ground beef, but for the life of me couldn't figure out what to do with it.  We had already made chili over the weekend and I didn't have time to do up a whole spaghetti sauce.  I was stuck.  

Then I thought... meatballs!!  Kevin loves meatballs!  I can whip some together real quick, no problem.  But I wanted to jazz them up somehow... and so...

BBQ Cheddar Meatballs (or the BEST.meatballs.EVER according to Kevin)
  • 1 pound ground beef
  • 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1 egg
  • generous amount of Famous Dave's Steakburger Seasoning
  • 1 jar of your favorite BBQ sauce (I used Dino BBQ Sensuous Slathering Sauce)
Combine everything except the BBQ sauce into a mixing bowl and mix well.  Roll into large meatballs and place in glass baking dish.  Bake at 375 for about 15-20 minutes or until browned.  Place in crock pot on low and cover with BBQ sauce.  

Simple.  Delicious.  :)  Next time I make them I will make sure to hide a few from Kevin so I can actually try them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment