12.23.2012

Kennedy's 21 Week Check In

21 weeks and Christmas is just a few days away.  Last Christmas (aside from being super pukey!) I daydreamed about what it would be like to celebrate with my little one... now here she is and celebrate we will!!  So hard to believe my dreams have come true and we will really be spending this Christmas together!!



How Big Is Baby?

  • Kennedy has to be about 14 pounds now.  She is such a big girl!!  
  • Most of her 3 month clothes are retired.  She is wearing mostly 3-6 and 6 month clothes now.  I think we will be doing another closet purge/clothing retirement soon.  She is growing like a weed.
  • Full time cloth diapering. One size and smalls with two medium fleece soakers.
Development & Milestones
  • Kennedy can sit easily now for up to a minute or so.  Her balance is getting much better.  
  • Baby girl has been talking up a storm and cracking herself up.
  • She can now reach the floor from her Jumparoo and loves to bounce bounce bounce.
  • Still no teeth... but still teething.
Diet/Nursing
  • Nursing is still going great!
  • Pumping at work is also going well.
Sleep
  • Still sleeping in 4 hour stretches with an occasional 5 hour stretch, which is glorious!
  • Naps have been great!  She is napping in her crib regularly.  We are considering trying to transition her to her crib for night time, but I don't know if I am ready to move her to her room.  Seems so far away!!
PP Mommy Check In

  • Holding steady at my normal weight now.
  • Right now I 125 lbs.  
  • *For reference, my highest pregnancy weight was 162, my pre-pregnancy weight was 130 and my goal weight is 125* 
How Is Daddy?
  • Kevin is just plain wonderful.  He handles bath time, story time, bed time... all by himself 5 nights a week.  I am so lucky to have him!! 
Any appointments, visitors or outings?  Anything else new?
  • Nothing new this week really. Christmas is in 2 days and we couldn't be more excited.
  • Cloth diapering is still going great!! 
  Product Rave: 
  • Teething Necklace... baby girl loves to chew on anything she can get her hands on and this has managed to keep her occupied and happy for long stretches.
Any upcoming developments, milestones?  What's next?

  • Next pediatrician appointment for Kennedy is in January for her 6 month check up.
  • We will be taking our first trip on an airplane in a few weeks.  We are flying down to Orlando to see my family.  I can't wait to post pictures.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment