12.16.2012

Kennedy's 20 Week Check In

20 weeks.  Just wow.  20 weeks pregnant is half way, half baked, the turning point.... now Kennedy has been outside the womb for 20 weeks and it's hard for me to even remember what it was like to reach the 20 week mark of having her on the inside.  Time is just flying flying by... I wish there was a way for me to stop it somehow. 


How Big Is Baby?

  • Kennedy is likely 14 pounds now.  She is growing very tall also.  I have noticed that some of her pants are now becoming high waters, lol.
  • Most of her 3 month clothes are retired.  She is wearing mostly 3-6 and 6 month clothes now.  Big girl!
  • Full time cloth diapering. One size and smalls with two medium fleece soakers.
Development & Milestones
  • Kennedy can sit unsupported fairly well.  She does tend to topple over when she tries to look around, or usually when she tries to watch wherever Lucy goes.  But... we are so proud of how well she can sit.
  • Kennedy has been very vocal.  She likes to babble and coo when she first wakes up, which is just the sweetest thing.  She laughs and shrieks when she plays in her bouncer also.  Cracks me up!
  • Still no teeth... but still teething with a vengence.  I know they will make their appearance sooner or later.  Later is fine with me... but I don't like seeing her so uncomfortable.  It seems to be worst at night.  Poor girl.
Diet/Nursing
  • Nursing is still going great!
  • Pumping at work is also going well.
Sleep
  • Still sleeping in 4 hour stretches... every once in a blue moon I will get a 5 hour stretch.  Not often... but when I do it's amazing!
  • Naps have been pretty good.  Kennedy naps in her crib like a big girl for mommy now.  Daddy is having a tough time getting her to sleep in the crib, but she normally does pretty good for me.
PP Mommy Check In

  • Back up a pound or two.  I blame my bake sale and 2 cookie exchanges.  :P
  • Right now I 125 lbs.  
  • *For reference, my highest pregnancy weight was 162, my pre-pregnancy weight was 130 and my goal weight is 125* 
How Is Daddy?
  • Kevin is doing great!!  We are so excited for Christmas!!   
Any appointments, visitors or outings?  Anything else new?
  • Nothing new this week really. 
  • Cloth diapering is still going great!! 
  Love/Hate: 
  • Love: Love You Zoo Jumparoo.  This is, by far, Kennedy's favorite toy!
  • Hate:  
Any upcoming developments, milestones?  What's next?

  • Next pediatrician appointment for Kennedy is in January for her 6 month check up.

No comments:

Post a Comment