12.02.2012

Kennedy's 18 Week Check In

This little peanut is growing so fast!!  This was a great week for us!  I am so lucky to have such a sweet, fun little girl!



How Big Is Baby?

  • Kennedy is 13 pounds 9 ounces and 26 1/4 inches, according to her appointment on Tuesday.
  • Most of her 3 month clothes are retired.  She is wearing mostly 3-6 and 6 month clothes now.  Big girl!
  • Full time cloth diapering. One size and smalls with two medium fleece soakers and 3 more on the way.
Development & Milestones
  • Kennedy has been a rolling machine this week.  She almost instantly starts wiggling and rolling when I lay her down on her back.  This is cute to watch, but it makes nap times kind of crazy.  I lay her down, she rolls over and screams.  I flip her on her back, she rolls over and screams.  And repeat and repeat and repeat until she tires out and falls asleep.
  • Kennedy has started zombie talking.  It's pretty funny.  She gets this low growling deep voice and babbles non stop for several minutes.  I think she has been watching too much Walking Dead with daddy. 
  • No teeth yet, but they are definitely working their way in.  Kennedy has really been chomping down on my knuckles and shoulder every chance she gets.  She has tons of teething toys, but I guess they just don't taste as good as mommy's fingers. 
Diet/Nursing
  • Nursing is still going great!
  • Pumping at work has been a challenge this week.  I don't know if there is something wrong with my pump or if it somehow got turned on in my bag, but twice this week- two nights in a row- the pump died after only a minute and a half.  I was almost in tears!!  Not cool, Medela.  I keep meaning to call them to see if it needs replaced, but I keep getting side tracked.  Oops.
Sleep
  • Still sleeping in 4 hour stretches... I don't think we are ever going to get past 4 hours... but that's ok.
  • Naps haven't been so great this week, mostly because she keeps rolling over!  Maybe next week will be better.
PP Mommy Check In
  • I snuck on the scale at work and weighed in.  Still at 125, even after Thanksgiving food craziness.  Woot woot!!
  • Right now I 125 lbs.  
  • *For reference, my highest pregnancy weight was 162, my pre-pregnancy weight was 130 and my goal weight is 125* 
How Is Daddy?
  • Kevin is doing great as always.  :)  I have the best husband and father to our little girl.
Any appointments, visitors or outings?  Anything else new?
  • Kennedy had her 4 month check up on Tuesday.  She is growing wonderfully!!  26 1/4 inches (97%) and 13 pounds 9 ounces (50 something %).  The doctor says she is a healthy (and cute!) baby girl!!  She took her shots without much fuss and made it through the post shot night ok.  I'm so proud of my little girl!
  • Cloth diapering is still going great!! 
  Product Love: 
  • Love:
Any upcoming developments, milestones?  What's next?
  • Next pediatrician appointment for Kennedy is in January for her 6 month check up.
Picture Time!!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment