4.25.2012

27 Week Check In

… and we are officially in the third trimester... the home stretch!!!  I honestly am in awe of how fast the time has flown by.  I know I keep saying this week after week, but it just blows my mind.  In just 3 short months, God willing, I will be holding our new son or daughter.  Truly amazing.

How Big Is Baby?
 

  • Cauliflower... and well over 2 pounds now.  Grow baby grow!!
Baby’s Development
  • At 27 weeks, baby is breathing (it’s amniotic fluid, not air, but it still counts) and even showing brain activity.  There are some studies that show baby may even be able to dream at this stage.

How Big Is Mommy?
https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/?view=att&th=136ef75b3547e85d&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=1400328487787560960-1&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P-2E0kNkg943FpCNAY-2fyh&sadet=1335457561591&sads=O0xiRRC_rWf6QHWG-UMpJ4VMjIo
  •  Here is my "Oh my gosh I'm in my third trimester" bump and Lucy with her new favorite pillow, Toby the Turtle... and a sneak peek of our nursery.
How Am I feeling?
  • Physically:  Still pretty good.  Feeling lots and lots of kicks, jabs and rolls... which is so cool.  I can see movement very easily from the outside and it looks like there is an alien in my belly.  Too funny.  I have joined the pee-every-hour club... which is not something I planned to do quite this soon... but it's still better than the morning sickness was, so I'll take it!
  • Emotionally:  Really good.  The crib should be here any day now... my mom ordered the stroller and car seat... so I feel like we are really making some progress in the getting-ready department, which makes me very happy.
Any new developments, milestones?  Anything new?
  • Third trimester is a pretty big milestone!!  Baby's lungs are almost fully developed which means a small sigh of relief from me.  I am thrilled to be where I am and healthy and doing well.  Still working my normal schedule and doing all of my normal activities (even running when the weather is right).  I'm very very blessed.
 Love/Hate:
  • Love:  I have been on a BLT kick again.  Not the healthiest, but they are so delicious... and Kevin has been spoiling me with them left and right.  Still loving fresh fruit, veggies, salads and smoothies... so hopefully that balances out the bacon.  :/
  • Hate:  Peeing every hour.  It kind of puts a damper on my work schedule and  digs into my sleep.  Although at this point, I think it's a catch 22.  Either baby is low and on my bladder... or baby is high and smushing my lungs.  Either way, as long as baby is happy, mommy can deal.
Any upcoming developments, milestones?  What's next?
  • Next appointment isn't for 2 more weeks... just waiting until then.  My mom may come up to visit in the next few weeks and I am thinking about scheduling an elective 3D ultrasound if she does.  Not sure though...
  • Still waiting for our nursery goodies to start arriving.  All of the painting is done, most of the decor is up... but it just doesn't look like a nursery without a crib.

No comments:

Post a Comment