According to all of the know-it-all pregnancy books, my uterus is now approximately the size of a soccer ball... and coincidentally, I look like I have swallowed a soccer ball. :)
How Big Is Baby?
How Big Is Baby?
- An eggplant and pushing 2 pounds... wow!
- Maybe it's because I'm getting nervous about delivery, or maybe it’s my haywire hormones, but I might start to have trouble sleeping around week 25. This is a common complaint of many moms-to-be. Experiment with different strategies for getting some sleep.
How Big Is Mommy?
- We're making progress with this little bump and I am super excited! I have finally had a few strangers congratulate me or ask when I am due... Love it!
How Am I feeling?
- Physically: Still pretty great, although finding a comfortable position to sleep in is becoming a little more difficult. I usually like to curl up in a little ball with my knees up to my chest... but since my belly is about the size of a soccer ball, that's not really an option. After some tossing and turning, I can usually settle in and I am very thankful for that... I know in the months to come it will only get worse so I am enjoying any sleep while I can.
- Emotionally: Great! Baby is moving quite a bit and I am loving it! Also, I have had a few random strangers offer "Congratulations!" so I guess I really am starting to show. Exciting!
Any new developments, milestones? Anything new?
- Not much this week, but I do have my glucose test coming up on Monday. I have heard horror stories about the sugary orange drink, but I am hoping all will go well.
- Love: Still loving smoothies, although I loved them pre-pregnancy too, so I don't know if this counts... but I love love LOVE them anyway.
- Hate: That heavy dairy still makes me sick. I bought mac-n-cheese from Panera yesterday (which I LOVE)... then remember when I got home that it would make me sick. I ended up giving it to Kevin because I didn't want to feel crappy at work all night... but man, I miss my mac-n-cheese.
Any upcoming developments, milestones? What's next?
- Glucose test on Monday... wish me luck!!!