4.11.2012

25 Week Check In

According to all of the know-it-all pregnancy books, my uterus is now approximately the size of a soccer ball... and coincidentally, I look like I have swallowed a soccer ball.  :)

How Big Is Baby?

  • An eggplant and pushing 2 pounds... wow!

Baby’s Development

  • Maybe it's because I'm getting nervous about delivery, or maybe it’s my haywire hormones, but I might start to have trouble sleeping around week 25. This is a common complaint of many moms-to-be. Experiment with different strategies for getting some sleep.
 

How Big Is Mommy?
https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/?view=att&th=136ad2064a5978cc&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=1399161532806332416-1&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P-2E0kNkg943FpCNAY-2fyh&sadet=1334526358039&sads=vOV3cmq6QfvUDWt4vkyffOD24Ik
  • We're making progress with this little bump and I am super excited!  I have finally had a few strangers congratulate me or ask when I am due... Love it!
How Am I feeling?
  • Physically:  Still pretty great, although finding a comfortable position to sleep in is becoming a little more difficult.  I usually like to curl up in a little ball with my knees up to my chest... but since my belly is about the size of a soccer ball, that's not really an option.  After some tossing and turning, I can usually settle in and I am very thankful for that... I know in the months to come it will only get worse so I am enjoying any sleep while I can.
  • Emotionally:  Great!  Baby is moving quite a bit and I am loving it!  Also, I have had a few random strangers offer "Congratulations!" so I guess I really am starting to show.  Exciting!
Any new developments, milestones?  Anything new?
  • Not much this week, but I do have my glucose test coming up on Monday.  I have heard horror stories about the sugary orange drink, but I am hoping all will go well.
 Love/Hate:
  • Love:  Still loving smoothies, although I loved them pre-pregnancy too, so I don't know if this counts... but I love love LOVE them anyway. 
  • Hate:  That heavy dairy still makes me sick.  I bought mac-n-cheese from Panera yesterday (which I LOVE)... then remember when I got home that it would make me sick.  I ended up giving it to Kevin because I didn't want to feel crappy at work all night... but man, I miss my mac-n-cheese.


Any upcoming developments, milestones?  What's next?
  • Glucose test on Monday... wish me luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment