4.04.2012

24 Week Check In

Today is known as "V-Day" or Viability day.  Today is the very first day that it would be possible, with much assistance from medicine and technology, for this little baby to survive outside of the womb.  Obviously, I would love for this little one to keep cooking for another 16 weeks or so, but it does allow me to breathe a sigh of relief knowing that we have made it this far.  So... Happy V-Day, little one!  :)

How Big Is Baby?
 

  • The size of a  grapefruit and growing bigger every day.... over a pound now.  :) 


Baby’s Development

  • At week 24, baby’s progress isn’t just about internal stuff, it’s about his/her looks too. With pinker, more opaque skin, my baby is looking more and more, well, like a baby. I might be experiencing some of the discomforts of the later months of pregnancy like leg cramps, backaches and swollen feet.

How Big Is Mommy?
https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/?view=att&th=1369d15c55eef60a&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=1398879291953204006-1&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P-2E0kNkg943FpCNAY-2fyh&sadet=1334075897387&sads=nLo_bKP0fQ9bsMiN9DdQJLE7-I0
  • Although I still fit into most of my normal clothes, I am finally feeling and looking pregnant... or so I think at least.  :)  It's pretty amazing to watch this little bump grow.

How Am I feeling?
  • Physically:   Pretty great actually.  Aside from getting up to pee a dozen times a night, I am feeling well rested and energetic.  I a feeling the baby move on a pretty consistent basis and the kicks and jabs are getting stronger.  Kevin is also able to feel the baby moving and grooving in there, which is wonderful to share with him.
  • Emotionally:  I think it is starting to sink in a little more each day.  Everyone at work knows, so talking about the baby, birth, nursery, etc seems normal now.  It was nice to have the pregnancy kept quiet for a while, but now it is nice to be able to share our joy and excitement with others.

Any new developments, milestones?  Anything new?
  • Like I said at the top, V-Day is a pretty wonderful milestone for any expectant mother.  We still have a long way to go, but it is nice to know that we have finally crossed the date that means that the odds are on our side, if something were to go awry at this point.
  • Easter is coming up this weekend.  It is strange to think that this time next year we will be celebrating with a little one all dolled up for Easter mass.

Love/Hate:
  • Love:  Fresh fruit and veggies.  I have been making a salad almost every day and/or enjoying fresh fruit for snacks or a smoothie.  This isn't exactly helping in my weight gain department, but this time of year everything is so fresh and tastes so good, I just can't get enough of it.
  • Hate:  The fact that we don't have a Rita's near here.  Apparently it is a shop that sells sno-cone type treats in lots of different flavors (even custard topped with marshmallow... yum!!).  I have never been to a Rita's nor tasted their delicious treats, but the girls I chat with online talk about it constantly and it drives me crazy that I don't have one

Any upcoming developments, milestones?  What's next?
  • We are working on the nursery this week... trying to finalize all of the "big items" for our registry... crib, stroller, car seat, etc... I never realized how much work and research went into making these decisions.  I will be glad once we have everything finalized.
  • Appointment wise, just waiting for my glucose test on Monday 4/16... after that it will be hello 3rd tri... the home stretch.  Hard to believe it's right around the corner!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment