11.11.2011

Y3W: Thank You Veterans!!!

This is my very first Y3W post and I am super excited.

Today, is veteran's day and I want to send my deepest gratitude to America's brave men and women and their families.  It takes an enormous amount of courage, strength and self sacrifice to serve our country... and it takes patience, love and understanding to be a military spouse/family.

I have had the honor and privilege of doing both.  My husband and I are both proud Marines.  My brother is a Marine, my grandfather is retired Navy and my brother-in-law and two cousins are in the Army.  Most of my close friends serve in some branch of the military. 

Patriotism runs deep in my blood and not a day goes by where I do not feel truly blessed to call myself an American.  Today is a day to understand and appreciate that the freedoms we enjoy are possible only through the sacrifices of our brave men and women in uniform.

"This nation will remain the land of the free, only so long as it  is the home of the brave."  - Elmer Davis

To our brave military men and women and veterans... serving here in the United States or on foreign soil, during peace time or war, active duty or reserve, currently serving or retired... THANK YOU.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for YOUR service!
    I'm your newest follower from Jenni's Y3W, and am also from CNY.

    www.never-a-dull-moment.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mel!! So excited!! I'm checking your blog out now! :) Love to meet fellow CNYers

    ReplyDelete