11.24.2011

Give thanks!

I am so truly blessed.  I have an amazing husband who would do anything to make me smile.  We have the cutest and sweetest puppy in the world (this is not up for debate) and together, we are living the American dream in our first home.  We both have wonderful, solid jobs with bright futures.  I am surrounded by a strong, supportive family (although many are states away... but close at heart) and the best friends I could ever imagine.  I am blessed.

Today, we pause to reflect on all of life's blessings, big and small as we celebrate with our loved ones.

Today is a day to give thanks.

Thanksgiving with my family is a day full of laughs, food and fun.  Turkey day with Kevin's family starts off with the annual "Turkey Bowl" (backyard football game) followed by a full day of feasting and visiting.

This year, we will celebrate on a smaller scale- just Kevin and Lucy and I.  Kevin had to work this morning, so I slaved away in the kitchen preparing our feast for two.  Ok ok... I didn't "slave away"... I actually love cooking and entertaining and I kind of wish that I was cooking for a crowd today.  Oh well... maybe next year.  Anyway, we didn't spare any traditions even though it's just us.  Turkey, sausage stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, pumpkin pie... the works.

Tonight, my BFF and I will celebrate our annual tradition.  She will come over and we will enjoy desert #2 while we scour the newspaper ads.  Then we will embark on our annual epic Black Friday madness... midnight at the Waterloo Outlets.  I can't wait!!!  I will update tomorrow (after a nice, long nap) with all of my awesome deals and bargains.

I hope everyone enjoys a wonderful Thanksgiving full of food and fun with their loved ones.

"If the only prayer you said in your whole life was, 'thank you,' that would suffice." 
- Meister Eckhart

No comments:

Post a Comment