How Big Is Baby?
- I think Kennedy is nearing 18 pounds and although it still doesn't seem like she has gained much weight over the past few weeks. I am wondering if all of her activity (crawling like a maniac) is slowing down her weight gain.
- Size 3 shoes still fit!!!
- Full time cloth diapering. We are out one snap on each side and one snap on the rise on all of her dipes. We have gone up a second snap on the rise on a few of her diapers and so far we are getting a great fit!
Development & Milestones
- BLW is going awesome as always!! This kid loves to eat!
- Still crawling, pulling up, cruising and climbing up the stairs.
- No new words or signs this week, but she still loves to babble.
- 4 pearly white teeth and a few more below the surface
- Nursing has been great this week when I am home. Now that I am away for 14+ hours at a stretch, I really soak in our bonding time when I can.
- Pumping at work this week went pretty well. I am able to fit in one good session in the middle of my shift and it is working out really well for me. My super huge stash is taking a hit, but I have so much saved that it won't be a problem at all.
- BLW is still going wonderfully. Not much new this week, but she is doing really well eating whatever we eat.
- This week instead of the sippy cup, we decided to use a small regular cup and help her with it. This is actually working out much better than the sippy cup, which she uses as a drum set.
- Naps have been kind of a mess this week. I have learned that she will sleep for about 2 hours if she naps in bed with me, whereas she sleeps for an hour or so in the crib. Since I basically go into survival mode in between 12s, snuggling with mommy in bed it is. Eh... maybe someday she will sleep in her crib.
- Sleep-wise daddy said she did pretty good this week, all things considered. She still wakes a few times in the middle of the night, but Kevin handled everything wonderfully.
PP Mommy Check In
- 3 12s in a row kicked my butt. I am completely useless on the days I work 12s and the day afteer my long stretch. This will take some getting used to, but once I get into a routine I really think I will like this new schedule. Until then... I just need to figure out when I can sleep.
- Right now I am about 118 lbs.
- *For reference, my highest pregnancy weight was 162, my pre-pregnancy weight was 130 and my goal weight is 125*
How Is Daddy?
- Kevin is the ultimate husband, and dad! I swear he just takes everything in stride and keeps on going. He is doing awesome with these solo parenting nights. I couldn't ask for a better man in my life.
Any appointments, visitors or outings? Anything else new?
- Not much new this week besides the schedule.
- Cloth diapering is still going great!!
- Too tired to think of anything right now. :)
Any upcoming developments, milestones? What's next?
- Baby girl will be 9 months old tomorrow. Where has the time gone?
- Next pedi visit is Tuesday