4.28.2013

Kennedy's 39 Week Check In

This week has been a total whirlwind.  I started working 12 hour overnight shifts on the new unit and daddy has been in charge of dinner, bath time, bed time and all of the midnight snacks for a few nights a week.  Baby girl was pretty confused and unhappy with the idea that mommy (and more importantly  mommy's boob) was not available in the middle of the night.  She was also not a fan of getting up super early (she is her mother's daughter after all) and then spending mornings with the sitter.  It was kind of a rough week for all of us.

How Big Is Baby?
  • I think Kennedy is nearing 18 pounds and although it still doesn't seem like she has gained much weight over the past few weeks.  I am wondering if all of her activity (crawling like a maniac) is slowing down her weight gain.
  • Size 3 shoes still fit!!!
  • Full time cloth diapering. We are out one snap on each side and one snap on the rise on all of her dipes. We have gone up a second snap on the rise on a few of her diapers and so far we are getting a great fit!

Development & Milestones
  • BLW is going awesome as always!!  This kid loves to eat!
  • Still crawling, pulling up, cruising and climbing up the stairs.
  • No new words or signs this week, but she still loves to babble.
  • 4 pearly white teeth and a few more below the surface
Diet/Nursing
  • Nursing has been great this week when I am home.  Now that I am away for 14+ hours at a stretch, I really soak in our bonding time when I can. 
  • Pumping at work this week went pretty well.  I am able to fit in one good session in the middle of my shift and it is working out really well for me.  My super huge stash is taking a hit, but I have so much saved that it won't be a problem at all.
  • BLW is still going wonderfully.  Not much new this week, but she is doing really well eating whatever we eat.
  • This week instead of the sippy cup, we decided to use a small regular cup and help her with it.  This is actually working out much better than the sippy cup, which she uses as a drum set.
Sleep
  • Naps have been kind of a mess this week.  I have learned that she will sleep for about 2 hours if she naps in bed with me, whereas she sleeps for an hour or so in the crib.  Since I basically go into survival mode in between 12s, snuggling with mommy in bed it is.  Eh... maybe someday she will sleep in her crib.
  • Sleep-wise daddy said she did pretty good this week, all things considered.  She still wakes a few times in the middle of the night, but Kevin handled everything wonderfully. 

PP Mommy Check In

  • 3 12s in a row kicked my butt.  I am completely useless on the days I work 12s and the day afteer my long stretch.  This will take some getting used to, but once I get into a routine I really think I will like this new schedule.  Until then... I just need to figure out when I can sleep.
  • Right now I am about 118 lbs.
  • *For reference, my highest pregnancy weight was 162, my pre-pregnancy weight was 130 and my goal weight is 125*

How Is Daddy?
  • Kevin is the ultimate husband, and dad!  I swear he just takes everything in stride and keeps on going.  He is doing awesome with these solo parenting nights.  I couldn't ask for a better man in my life.

Any appointments, visitors or outings? Anything else new?
  • Not much new this week besides the schedule.
  • Cloth diapering is still going great!!

Product Rave:
  • Too tired to think of anything right now.  :)

Any upcoming developments, milestones? What's next?

  • Baby girl will be 9 months old tomorrow.  Where has the time gone?
  • Next pedi visit is Tuesday

Picture Time







No comments:

Post a Comment