9.05.2012

New Mom Lesson: Never Trust A Naked Baby

Allow me to preface this by saying that I live in a zoo (and I am, admittedly, one of the animals).

So tonight I was getting ready to give little Miss Kennedy her bath...

Actually... let me back track a moment... before we went for our walk this evening, I checked Kennedy's diaper... dry (strange... it had been over an hour and I had nursed her half an hour ago).  After our walk I checked again... still dry (hmm...).  So THEN...

I was getting Kennedy ready for her bath.  I got her all undressed (even removed her D-R-Y diaper) while Kevin filled her tub.  I made a quick pit stop with my naked baby in the nursery to grab wash cloths and a towel.  As I bent down, she started to pee... and pee... and pee some more.  There was no where for me to go, nothing for me to grab to cover her and I darn sure couldn't make her stop... so I did the only thing that made sense at the moment... I tried catching it... with my bare hand (yeah, because that makes sense... catch the pee in my hand).  I *knew* she had been saving her pee for hours just waiting to ambush me.

Kevin walked past the nursery and peeked in... there I stood with a naked peeing baby in one hand and a the other hand cupped overflowing with pee.  He looked confused... and horrified.  I just shrugged my shoulders and laughed and laughed... what the heck else could I do anyway?

So he just shook his head and said "Welp... looks like you need a bath too" and walked back to the bathroom to take her baby tub out and just fill the whole bath tub.  All of a sudden I hear "No!  Come on... LUCY!!" so I head over to see what is going on now.

Yep... you guessed it... Lucy had jumped in the bath tub and was happily drinking the bath water.

Yep... a freaking zoo.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment