9.16.2012

Kennedy's 7 Week Check In

7 weeks old, growing big, healthy and strong.  This past week hasn't been super busy, but the week ahead will be very much the opposite.  My parents will be coming in town, as well as a few other friends and relatives for Kennedy's christening on Sunday.  I am sneaking on to post this update on a break from cleaning (and football... hey it IS Sunday, you know!)


Did I mention she loves swimming in the bath tub?



How Big Is Baby?

  • Kevin thinks she is 12 pounds... I am thinking 11.5
  • Mostly 0-3 clothes.  Still some Newborn sizes and some 3 or even 3-6 also.
  • Full time cloth diapering now!  We do have size 1 disposables for backups when all of our cloths dipes are washing, but she has not worn one in a week or two.
Development & Milestones
  • Kennedy continues to talk up a storm when Daddy holds her.  She is most definitely a daddy's girl.  Her eyes light up, she smiles the biggest most adorable smiles and she babbles non stop.  Not going to lie, I'm a little jealous.
  • She is starting to discover her hands, I think.  She has at least managed to get them to her mouth, lol.  She seems to really enjoy chewing on her hands whenever she has the opportunity.
  • She absolutely loves tummy time and is much more interested in her play mat than she was before.  She likes to stare at herself in the mirror on her mat while lying on her tummy and she bats at the hanging toys when she lays on her back.  So cute!
Diet/Nursing
  • Nursing wonderfully.  Mommy found out what a clogged duct feels like... ugh not awesome.  Luckily, with some heat from a rice bag and lots of nursing, it resolved pretty quickly.
  • No issues with the bottle still, thank goodness.  We did change to a level 2 nipple when we give a bottle during the day because she eats so fast that she seemed to get a little frustrated with the level 1.  When we give the bottle at night, we use a level 1 still because she is usually half asleep and doesn't eat quite as fast.
Sleep
  • We are pretty much stuck at 3 hours.  And it almost seems like little miss has an internal alarm clock that goes off at 1am, 4am and 6am.  We are really trying to find a routine that works best for us.  Right now, we do bath time at 7:30 followed by lotion (which she hates) and jammies, nurse her to sleep at 8.  I wake her up to "top her off" with another feeding just before I go to bed around 11.  After talking with some fellow mommies, I am going to skip the 11pm feeding and see how it goes.  Keep your fingers crossed.  The 3 hour clips of sleep are wearing on me.
  • Thankfully, she has been napping pretty good during the day.  Hopefully this continues.  :)
PP Mommy Check In
  • I made it to 130... and actually to 129!!!  Goal #1 reached!!!
  • Only 4 pounds to go to goal #2, my final goal.
  • The only clothes that don't fit right now is anything that is tight in the chest, thank you, nursing boobies.  :/ 
  • My chiropractor visit was wonderful!!  Boy have I missed that!  I will be going once a week for the next month to get back on track.  Nursing and carrying a baby can really do a number on your spine.
  • I also had my 6 week post partum follow up with the OB.  Everything was great, I am cleared to return to work (which I won't be doing until October) and to resume all normal activities.  Feels good to feel like me again!
  • Right now I weigh about 129 lbs.  
  • *For reference, my highest pregnancy weight was 162, my pre-pregnancy weight was 130 and my goal weight is 125*
How Is Daddy?
  • Kevin is doing wonderfully.  He is such a loving, caring father and it is truly a blessing to be able to witness the special bond that he has with Kennedy. 
Any appointments, visitors or outings?  Anything else new?
  • Kennedy and I attended a play date hosted by the Elizabeth Ministry at our church.  I was nervous as this was our first play date... but it was awesome to meet and chat with other moms.  The group is full of great women and supports a great cause.  I am very excited to be a part and looking forward to our next meeting.
  • Completely full time cloth now.  I will actually be posting about my experience this coming week (I hope!) and returning all of the cases of diapers we have stashed away.  :)  No turning back now!
  Love/Hate: 
  • Love:  Gripe Water.  Kennedy has been a little gassier/fussier than normal in the mornings so we have been dipping her pacifier in Gripe Water.  This has worked wonders!!
  • Hate:  That I tried to be proactive and bought several cases  of diapers, in various sizes, ahead... now to lug them all over creation, guessing which store they came from so I can return them, lol.
Any upcoming developments, milestones?  What's next?
  • Next appointment for Kennedy is in a few more weeks.  Thank goodness she is happy, healthy and doing well.
  • Kennedy's christening is next Sunday.  My parents will be coming in town this coming week and Kevin's parents will be in next weekend to celebrate.  We are so excited to have everyone together and to celebrate adding another warrior for Christ to the ranks.  :)

Picture Time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment