9.09.2012

Kennedy's 6 Week Check In

Wow... just wow.  6 whole weeks.  Baby girl is smiling, laughing and growing by the minute.  I am absolutely loving watching her change and grow.  I am loving my role as a mother and loving my growing family.  Life is GOOD!


How Big Is Baby?

  • I am pretty sure that little miss chunka butt is close to, if not over, 11 pounds.
  • The newborn outfits are dropping like flies!  Kennedy is wearing 0-3 and 3 month clothes comfortably.
  • Size 1 and one size cloth diapers.  We are almost full time cloth now!  Woohoo!
Development & Milestones
  • Kennedy is so very attentive and interactive now.  She smiles, laughs and even "talks" and coos.  She is very alert and so much fun to play with.
  • We have been working hard on Kennedy's tummy time and she is doing wonderfully.  She has excellent head/neck control and can even push herself up with her arms.  So amazing!
Diet/Nursing
  • Still nursing like a champ, although she has been a little spitty this week.  I don't think it's reflux, but maybe just eating too much or too fast then she spits/throws it back up.
  • Still doing great with a bottle also.  One happy little eater.
Sleep
  • Now that we are back home, we have gotten back into our bedtime routine.  She is still only sleeping a max of 4 hours at a time... and often wakes up every 2-3 hours, but I think we are hitting her 6 week growth spurt, so hopefully that will pass.
PP Mommy Check In
  • I am still stuck at 135 and really struggling with finding both the motivation and the time to fit in a run or good workout.  Now that Kevin is back to work, this is even harder.  And I know when I go back, it will seem virtually impossible.  I have been walking and squeezing in some ab work throughout the day... but I really need to get off my butt and break a good hard sweat!!
  • I do fit into all of my pre-pregnancy clothes and nothing seems to be screaming for help at the seams, so I guess that's a good thing, right?
  • I did get to pay a visit to the chiropractor this week... first time I have been since May and boy oh boy did I miss it.  My adjustment felt wonderful and I am happy to be back to regular visits.
  • Otherwise, I am pretty much as back to "normal" (relatively speaking, lol) as I am going to get.  :)
  • Right now I weigh about 135 lbs.  
  • *For reference, my highest pregnancy weight was 162, my pre-pregnancy weight was 130 and my goal weight is 125*
How Is Daddy?
  • Kevin started back to work this week.  It was really hard to see him go back.  I know it hurts his heart to leave his girls at home every day, but you've gotta do what you've gotta do, right?  He has adjusted back to his regular schedule and is doing great... but we really miss him at home.
Any appointments, visitors or outings?  Anything else new?
  • I am trying to get the hang of toting baby girl around by myself.  It's a lot different.  I guess I didn't realize how much I rely on Kevin to help with... well... everything.  He still helps as much as he can, but simple things... like a 5 minute trip to the gas station for a newspaper... take upwards of 30 minutes to accomplish now.  I am still terrible at judging how long it takes me to get out of the house or run errands, but I'm working on it.  Maybe one of these days I will actually be on time for something.
  • We are pretty much full time cloth diapering now.  It is going great and we are so happy we switched!
  Love/Hate: 
  • Love:  Baby girl's new hair bow/flower collection!!  I bought a small lot of each on Amazon so I can mix and match as needed and I think they are just adorable!!  Don't you?
  • Hate:  ???
Any upcoming developments, milestones?  What's next?
  • Next appointment isn't until her 2 month check up.... how awesome is that?  
  • I have a post partum checkup tomorrow.  I can't believe its been 6 weeks already!  Wow!  The last time I was in the office, I was past my due date and hugely pregnant.  Time flies!

Picture Time!!


And here is Lucy sniping our photo session... 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment