9.02.2012

Kennedy's 5 Week Check In


We have passed the one month mark.  :(  Time is just flying and, as sad as I am at times... it really is so amazing to watch this little girl grow and change.

We enjoyed our first long road trip this past week- with Kennedy and Lucy... what an adventure.  Our little family of four drove from Syracuse to Pittsburgh for a wedding and to show our pretty little girl off to Kevin's family.  Lucy also enjoyed some play time with her puppy cousins... she had a blast and is exhausted from her long weekend.

How Big Is Baby?

  • Still no official weight, but she is definitely over 10 pounds and well on her way to 11.  Grow, baby, grow!!
  • We have retired a few newborn outfits.  Kennedy is now comfortable in 3 month onesies and outfits.  Wow!
  • Still in size 1 diapers... but we are doing cloth (well, when we are home)
Development & Milestones
  • Kennedy is all smiles and laughs now and really interacts with us.  When my mother in law makes silly noises or faces, she just lights right up.  So precious!
  • She has enjoyed meeting her family and doesn't mind being passed from person to person.  She is such a happy baby!
  • She also met (and rode on!) her first horse this past weekend... the first of many to come, I'm sure.

Diet/Nursing
  • Kennedy is, as always, a wonderful eater.  She breastfeeds like a champ.
  • She also takes the bottle very well... no issues there either.  We have one happy chunk muffin!
Sleep
  • Our bedtime routine went out this window this week... it's much harder than I thought to maintain a schedule when you are traveling.  That said, she did sleep well.  One of the nights we were in Pittsburgh she even slept for 5 hour straight.  5 HOURS PEOPLE!!!  (Mommy, however, woke up at 3 hours, 3 1/2 hours and 4 hours and checked on her.  It freaked me out a little that she slept so long, lol)
PP Mommy Check In
  • I think I have hit a plateau- both with weight loss and with my motivation to lose weight.  I am so close to my pre-pregnancy weight, but just seem to be stalled.  Maybe when Kevin goes back to work I will find some motivation...??  Maybe??
  • Still emotional.  I'm starting to think this softy version of myself might be my new normal.  Well... I guess there are worse things.
  • I am happy to report that not only did my boobs manage to say contained in my dress for the wedding (if you remember last week's check in... this was a concern!)... but... I must say that I think I pretty much rocked that dress!  I got tons of compliments and several "I can't believe you JUST had a baby!"... it felt really good.  Maybe I will try to focus on that as positive reinforcement/motivation to ditch those last few pesky pounds.
  • Right now I weigh about 135 lbs.  
  • *For reference, my highest pregnancy weight was 162, my pre-pregnancy weight was 130 and my goal weight is 125*
How Is Daddy?
  • Kevin is amazing.  He was so excited to see his family and friends and it was wonderful to watch the proud daddy show off his little girl.  He does start back to work tomorrow, which he is pretty upset about.  He told me tonight that he is afraid Kennedy will "forget all about me"... broke my heart.  I'm so very lucky to have such a sweet, sensitive husband... he is such an amazing father already and we are just getting started!
Any appointments, visitors or outings?  Anything else new?
  • Well... the major highlight of our week was our trip to Pittsburgh.  It is normally a 5-6 hour drive, but we expected it to be about 7-8 with stops for Lucy and Kennedy.  They both did so great for the first 4 hours... but after that Kennedy (well heck, I think all of us) was just DONE with the car.  Poor girl.  She was a holy terror for the rest of the trip, but we made it.  Our time in Pittsburgh was a blast.  Kevin and I even had a date night with babysitting compliments of great-grandma Rose.  Lucky us!!  The drive home went much more smoothly and now we are all recovering.
  • Cloth diapering is still going great!  We decided to switch to disposables for our trip... which was probably a good idea because it was hectic enough.  But now that we are home, we are back to cloth.  I am starting to feel more confident and so is Kevin.  I think this just might work for us.  :)
  Love/Hate: 
  • Love:  We got a battery operated clip on fan for the stroller.  Kennedy is hot blooded, just like her daddy, and gets super fussy when she is too hot.  This was probably the best $20 I have spent in a while.  It keeps my little girl nice and cool when she is in her stroller.
  • Hate:  That there isn't a safe way to breastfeed in the car... would have saved us probably 2 hours on our trip!!
Any upcoming developments, milestones?  What's next?
  • Next appointment isn't until her 2 month check up.... how awesome is that?  
  • I have a post partum checkup on September 10... and a chiropractor appointment this Friday.  Can't wait for that!!

Picture Time!!

 
     

No comments:

Post a Comment