8.26.2012

Kennedy's 4 Week Check In

My baby girl is almost a month old (or is a month old, depending on how you look at it... but I'm going with almost).  I know I say it every week, but I really can't believe how fast the time is flying.
How cute is this little tush??
 How Big Is Baby?

  • No official weight, but she has to be 10 pounds by now.  Grow, baby, grow!!
  • She has outgrown a few of her newborn size onesies and one NB dress... sad sad day.
  • Still in size 1 diapers... and we have also started using cloth diapers part time.  She is in size small or one size for cloth.
Development & Milestones
  • Kennedy tracks wonderfully now... it's really exciting to know she is actually looking at me and watching me when we interact now.  So cool
  • She has been enjoying lots of tummy time and like to scooch on daddy's chest.  This little girl has some strong legs, just like her daddy.
  • She has also been working really hard on her smiles.  Absolutely love them!! 
Diet/Nursing
  • Kennedy continues to be a rock star with breast feeding.  She eats every 2-3 hours during the day and every 3-4 at night.
  • We introduced the bottle a few weeks ago and continue to give her one bottle feeding per day.  Hopefully. this will make the transition to daycare a little more smooth for her when I go back to work.
Sleep
  • Kevin and I are still working on our bed time routine, but things are getting better.  We *try* to get K into the bath around 7 then lotion (which she HATES), nurse, sing some lullabyes and hopefully get her to sleep by 8.  This almost never happens as planned, but it is a work in progress.  Lately we have been able to get her in the bath by 7:30-7:45 and get her to sleep by 9.  We have managed, for the most part (knock on wood) to avoid her witching hour.  Hopefully this week will be even better.
PP Mommy Check In
Loving my $12 dress!!!
  • Physically I am doing great!  I still haven't gone for a run yet.  No real reason... now I'm just plain being lazy.  :P  I have been doing lots of ab work and stretching, which is always tough for me to get motivated to do... but feels great once I am done.
  • I have been a bit weepy/emotional lately... I blame the hormones.  It's never a sad cry... as a matter of fact usually a happy cry, but crying nonetheless- which is weird for me.  Lately it has been the book "Guess How Much I Love You" which Kevin reads to Kennedy every night (and I cry every night when he reads it, lol).  It's such a sweet book and gets me all teary eyed.
  • Oh- I almost forgot- Kevin and I have a wedding to attend next week and I have been holding onto a dress that I was hell bent on wearing.  I bought the dress last year and it fit perfect... when I got pregnant, I kept it as my motivation to lose the baby weight quickly.  Well, it fits great... except for my humongous nursing boobs.  :/  This has never been an issue for me.  I was stressing out over how I was going to find (and afford) another dress to wear.  Well... I managed to score a gorgeous dress on clearance for... wait for it... wait for it... $12!!!!  It fits great and will contain the ladies no problem.  Totally made my week!
  • Right now I weigh about 136lbs.  
  • *For reference, my highest pregnancy weight was 162, my pre-pregnancy weight was 130 and my goal weight is 125*
How Is Daddy?
  • Kevin is doing great!  He was supposed to start back to work this week, but managed to swing an extra week off... and boy am I glad to have him around for another week!  I am very very lucky!  We decided to start using cloth diapers this week and he has been a champ with them!  He is excited to learn and help and do anything he can to make Kennedy comfortable and mama happy.  I've got the best husband ever!
Any appointments, visitors or outings?  Anything else new?
Kennedy rocking some cloth
  • Kennedy enjoyed her first trip to the NY State Fair this past Thursday.  Our little family of 3 ventured out on opening day (are we nuts?) and had a great time!  Kennedy snoozed in her stroller through the majority of the trip, but Kevin and I really enjoyed eating all of the delicious fair food.  We didn't go through any of the animal buildings (Kennedy hasn't had any shots yet and I was a bit nervous)... but I can't wait to take her through next year when she will be really alert and interested in the animals.  All in all a great day!
  • Like I mentioned briefly above, we started using cloth diapers this week.  I did tons and tons of research (there is SO MUCH information out there) and spent hours bargain hunting to try to get the best deals... and finally just dove in head first.  So far, we are only using cloth when we are at home and during the day time, until we build up a good stash, feel completely comfortable with it and actually feel like we know what we're doing... but it's a start.  We are hoping to be able to do cloth full time by the end of September.  So far, so good though! 
  Love/Hate: 
Kennedy loving her Hip Bums cloth diaper
  • Love:  My new cloth diapers... in particular the ones from Hip Bum, a locally owned business.  Such a shame that these cute things are made to be pooped and peeed on.
  • Hate:  ???
Any upcoming developments, milestones?  What's next?
  • Next appointment isn't until her 2 month check up.... how awesome is that?  
  • I have a post partum checkup in early September.

Picture Time!!

 

1 comment:

  1. Love these updates Monica! Great way for Nana:aka Gam-Gam(grrrrr)...aka:G-G to get all the details she forgets to ask about on the phone!
    ...and what a great way to keep a memory journal for Kennedy when she's all grown up!

    ReplyDelete