8.19.2012

Kennedy's 3 Week Check In

3 weeks... 3 whole weeks... wow.

How Big Is Baby?

  • My little chunka butt has got to be close to 10 pounds.  She is getting SO big and growing way too fast!
  • Still in NB clothes, but able to wear 0-3 month dresses
  • Upgraded to size 1 diapers.  :(
Development & Milestones
  • Kennedy has begun tracking with her eyes.  She also smiles and coos from time to time.  I LOVE her big goofy drooly smiles.
  • Kennedy's umbilical cord fell off yesterday.  Now we can start tub baths.  :)
Diet/Nursing
  • Baby girl is nursing very well.  She eats every 2-3 hours during the day and every 3-4 at night.
Sleep
  • Kevin and I are working on establishing a bedtime routine that we can stick to for Kennedy.  We have been trying to put K to bed at 8... but after bath and feeding it ends up being closer to 9 or 10.  Kennedy's witching hour seems to be from 10-midnight.  She will grump and cry and scream and there is little we can do to soothe her.  Once she tires herself out, she usually sleeps really well.  Tonight we are going to try to start bedtime at 7 and see how it goes.  Hopefully we can get her to sleep before her "witching hour" and we can just skip that whole ordeal.
PP Mommy Check In
  • This week I am just plain exhausted.  Kevin and I decided to hold a garage sale this weekend so we have been up at or before 7am every day... and not falling asleep until after midnight.  Add in Kennedy's feedings and diaper changes throughout the night and you've got one sleepy mama.
  • I am ready to RUN (after a nice long nap, of course).  I can't wait for my first run... I'm thinking tomorrow morning... eeeek!!!
  • Right now I weigh about 138lbs.  
  • *For reference, my highest pregnancy weight was 162, my pre-pregnancy weight was 130 and my goal weight is 125*
How Is Daddy?
  • As I type this, Kevin is getting Kennedy all decked out in her Steelers gear to watch her first game.  I am most definitely NOT a Steelers fan... but he is just so excited about watching the game with his baby girl that I can't help but be excited too.
Any appointments, visitors or outings?  Anything else new?
  • Well... this whole "witching hour" is definitely new and not very welcome.
  • Kennedy got to go to her Daddy's softball game on Friday night, a first for her.  Kevin was very excited to take her out and show her off... and the team was pretty excited to meet her.  She slept during the game in her ring sling and did fabulously until the ride home (screamfest!).  All in all, a great day!
  Love/Hate: 
  • Love:  Pandora radio station "Rockabye Baby"... this is lullabye/instrumental covers of rock songs (Aerosmith, Journey, etc)... We play this at night when we put Kennedy to bed.  It;s soothing to her and I like it because I actually know the songs, lol.
  • Hate:  The fact that my newborn thinks bedtime is midnight.  Ugh!
Any upcoming developments, milestones?  What's next?
  • Next appointment isn't until her 2 month check up.... how awesome is that?  
  • I have a post partum checkup in early September.

Picture Time!!



For the record, I am working on my Picasa collage making skills.  Hopefully next week's pictures will be a little better.  Lol 

No comments:

Post a Comment