3.29.2012

Peanut Butter Jelly Time... Peanut Butter Jelly Time

Few things bring us back to our childhood the way a good old PB&J sandwich does.  Whether you were a white bread crust free or wheat bread crust on, crunchy or creamy, jelly or jam or whatever the heck your mom could slap together as you were running to catch the bus... peanut butter and jelly sammies = childhood.

I woke up this morning and (thanks to a certain FB post from a certain friend) decided that I was instantly in the mood for a good old fashioned PB&J.  I obsessed over this PB&J so much that I decided to poll my FB friend to see what their favorite PB&_______ sammie was.  Some of the responses...
  • Brown Sugar
  • Honey
  • Marshmallow Fluff (aka FlufferNutter sandwich)
  • Karo Syrup
  • Bacon
  • Pickles (not kidding... two people actually vouched for this... odd)
  • Banana
  • Banana and Honey
  • Banana and Marshmallow Fluff
  • Bacon and Honey (aka The Elvis)
  • Banana- grilled
  • Fluff and Nutella
  • Chocolate
  • Fig Jelly
Isn't it funny how our tastes change and yet somehow stay very close to what we know and love (minus the pickles thing... that's still weird to me).  I definitely want to give some of these new PB sammie varieties a try.  Makes me hungry just reading the list.

Oh... and what kind of sandwich did I end up with today... well actually I indulged in a White Chocolate Cream Cheese and Strawberry Jam on some whole grain toast.  Nope, not even close to the PB&J that got me started on this blog post... but yes, it was just as decadant and delicious as it sounds.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment