Cruising right along... We have started reading to baby almost every night (or at some point during the day)... right now the book of choice is "Oh Baby, The Places You'll Go" based off Dr. Seuss' book.
How Big Is Baby?
How Big Is Baby?
- Papaya... almost a foot long and crossing the pound mark!
- Now I really have to watch what I say -- baby is now able to hear outside noise from down in the womb. Studies show that baby finds gentle music and momma's voice most soothing. Nipples are starting to sprout, and that little face is fully formed. And, baby's starting to settle into sleep cycles, snoozing about 12 to 14 hours a day. It shouldn't be hard to figure out when -- just pay attention to those kicks as they start and stop.
How Big Is Mommy?
- Growing a teeny little bump. And when I push my belly out like on the right, you can totally see it... lol
How Am I feeling?
- Physically: Exhausted. I have discovered a phenomenon known as "Pregsomnia"... it's insane. Between getting up to pee a dozen times in the middle of the night and waking up starving, ready to eat a full meal... I feel like I am never getting enough sleep. Then, of course, when I finally start to drift off, baby takes this as a signal that it is time to start his/her nightly dance party in my belly. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE feeling all of the movement... but if we could time it a little better, that would be awesome!
- Emotionally: Happy. Sleepy but happy. Our second anatomy scan to check the heart went well and I was very relieved. I kind of feel like I am on cruise control now.
Any new developments, milestones? Anything new?
- Anatomy scan part 2 went great. It's always wonderful to see our little munchkin bouncing around on the screen. This time he/she had hiccups and you could see it... it was so neat!
- Love: These amazingly delicious fruit sorbet things that I found at BJs. They are 0 fat, all natural and best part is, they come in the shell of whatever flavor they are (ex. the coconut comes in a little coconut shell)... how cute is that?
- Hate: Pregsomnia. Seriously. Let this mama get some sleep!!
Any upcoming developments, milestones? What's next?
- Nothing really except Viability Day coming up in 2 weeks. Very excited for that milestone!!