1.25.2012

14 Week Check In

So even if last week wasn't "official"... NOW I am officially officially officially in the second trimester.  And that's official.  This week is my last week at my job as a secretary... next week I start my new job as a Registered Nurse.  I am so very excited!!

How Big Is Baby?

  • Lemon this week... over 3 inches and an ounce and a half!!

Baby’s Development

  • Baby is busy with thumb sucking, toe wiggling, and (not so cute but equally amazing) making urine and breathing amniotic fluid as the liver, kidneys and spleen continue to develop. Lanugo (thin, downy hair) is growing all over the body for warmth.
 


How Big Is Mommy?
https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/?view=att&th=13675119a487638a&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=1398175333378686976-1&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P-2E0kNkg943FpCNAY-2fyh&sadet=1334335505494&sads=iezz8LW5xOJt1I8Prt4G_6M6e3Qhttps://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/?view=att&th=13675119b2d04c70&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=1398175347455819776-1&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P-2E0kNkg943FpCNAY-2fyh&sadet=1334335514003&sads=h7qXdC5zQcausrpGbBmxfGkay-E
  •  Slooooowly starting to poke out now!  Although my work clothes still fit just fine, I have taken a liking to wearing maternity jeans when I am not at work... not necessarily because I need to... but because they might very well be the most comfortable pair of jeans I own.  I had no idea what I was missing out on, but now I know I may never go back!
How Am I feeling?
  • Physically:  I had a few days last week where I felt pretty sort of almost ok... but now the nausea is back full force.  I am back on the Zofran and the OB has me taking it every 4 hours for a few days... just to get things back under control.  Sometimes it amazes me that people do this whole pregnancy thing more than once.
  • Emotionally:  A strange mix of frustration and excitement.  I thought last week I was just jumping the gun with my expectations about my symptoms fading... and surely this week things would be better.  After all the second trimester is nicknamed the "honeymoon trimester"... so I am supposed to feel good, right?  I'm starting to get nervous that I might just be one of those unlucky ladies who has "morning" sickness throughout the entire pregnancy.  Please oh please oh please don't let that be me!!  Other than that... I am feeling very confident in this pregnancy and more excited with each passing day!
Any new developments, milestones?  Anything new?
  • Not much at all this week.  I feel like I am starting to grow a little bump, but no one else can see it yet.
 Love/Hate:
  • Love:  Maternity jeans.  Seriously.  Where have these been all my life?  I know back in the day, maternity clothes were notoriously hideous and people couldn't wait to get out of them, but they really have come a long way and I can't wait to get into them!  Super comfortable and cute!
  • Hate:  That I can't say no to Chipotle.  I know it's delicious... but I also know that it burns really really bad when I throw it up later... yet still, I can't help myself.
Any upcoming developments, milestones?  What's next?
  • Last day at my secretary job on Friday.  My coworkers are doing a luncheon for me and I am praying I can hold it together and not gag or puke during the lunch.  Only a handful of select people at work know and I would like to keep it that way.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment