Can't believe it's February already... I am cruising right along now... 15 weeks just seems so huge, but I have 25 more to go. Every day is a new milestone and brings me one step closer to holding this baby in my arms. So truly blessed.
How Big Is Baby?
- A navel orange... 4 inches long and 2 and a half ounces!
- Continuing the march towards normal proportions, baby's legs now outmeasure the arms. And, finally, all four limbs have functional joints. Baby is squirming and wiggling like crazy down in the womb, though I probably still can't feel the movements.
How Big Is Mommy?
- Lucy seems to enjoy butting into my bump pictures. She just cracks me up. I wonder what she thinks of this whole thing. :)
How Am I feeling?
- Physically: Getting a little bit better. Thankfully I am in orientation this week and can still snack at will... I'm not sure how I am going to do once I hit the floor next week... hopefully the nausea subsides by then and I can act normal. :)
- Emotionally: Great! I am definitely noticing my mood improving as my nausea subsides. I can be a big pot of misery when I am hungry or feeling pukey. Hopefully the worst of the physical part is over and I can get back to being my bouncy cheery self.
Any new developments, milestones? Anything new?
- Not much new on the baby front... although I started my new nursing job this week and I am super excited! I did tell my new manager, but do not plan to tell my coworkers for several more weeks.
- Love: I found these Fruit Smasher things at BJs... they are similar to applesauce, but come in a few flavors (strawberry babana, berry berry) and are in a little pouch that you just squeeze into your mouth for a quick easy snack. Love them!!!
- Hate: Sharing a car with Kevin. His just isn't good for the winter (possibly because he never got the driver side window fixed... and driving around in the snow with the window down is a bad idea)... anyway... he works in the kitchen at the hospital and smells like hospital food every afternoon when we drive home. It's disgusting. I am going to ask him to Febreeze himself before he gets in the car. Bleh.
Any upcoming developments, milestones? What's next?
- The Super Bowl is this weekend!! We usually host a party, but since Kevin has to work and I don't think I can handle all of the cooking and set up by myself right now, we are going to just hang out at home and watch it together. Maybe next year.