1.04.2012

11 Week Check In

Welcome 2012... the year Kevin and I will become parents. 

How Big Is Baby?
 

  • A lime!  Seems huge compared to the poppy seed that it was when we started.  A whopping quarter of an ounce and over an inch and a half.
 
Baby’s Development

  • Baby currently enjoys a 1:1 ratio between body and head, and has skin so transparent that blood vessels show right through. But, fingers and toes are no longer webbed, and hair follicles, tooth buds and nail beds are forming -- setting up a significantly more attractive future.


How Big Is Mommy?
https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/?view=att&th=136751044bd6399f&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=1398175245347586048-1&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P-2E0kNkg943FpCNAY-2fyh&sadet=1334331357858&sads=dKYW1knB99ifkLe1PvVT3GLgTuI
  • This, ladies and gentlemen, is what we call "blump"... it's not really my baby bump yet... it's more of a bump caused by bloat.  However, I am kind of excited to see some sort of progress as I had been losing weight previously due to my lovely "morning" sickness.
How Am I feeling?
  • Physically:  The Zofran that the OB prescribed is starting to work a little bit better.  I am still not drinking any water (I miss water), but rather Coke, Gatorade and Pedialyte... and still eating only dry bland carbs like Cheerios, pretzel sticks, bagels toast, plain pasta, etc.  I miss real food... but this too shall pass.
  • Emotionally:  Some days I just feel like I am starting to get worn down... and I know that my stellar nutrition (ha!) is to blame.  Other days, I check out my "How Big Is Baby?" app on my phone and just stare in amazement... I feel like time is flying, yet dragging all at once.  I actually caught myself rubbing and talking to my belly (not that there is a huge belly there yet, but still) the other night... and this morning I woke up with my hand on my tummy... maybe I do have some mommy instincts after all.  :)
Any new developments, milestones?  Anything new?
  • Aside from a brand new year... nothing new here!
 Love/Hate:
  • Love:  Plain pasta with a little bit of butter and garlic salt.  It actually *seems* like real food... and still counts as a plain, dry, boring carb... which means that sometimes I can actually keep it down.
  • Hate:  Grocery shopping.  At this point in my pregnancy, this is more torturous than shopping for expensive clothes that I can't afford or wear.  I want it all.... but the smell of pretty much anything makes me run for the toilet.
Any upcoming developments, milestones?  What's next?
  • Just looking forward to Kevin's birthday coming up next week, then to our next appointment the day after.  Can't wait to see our little baby again!


No comments:

Post a Comment