1.18.2012

13 Week Check In

Some books/websites say 13 weeks, some say 13 weeks 3 days, some say 14 weeks... I'm celebrating TODAY!!!  Yay for entering the second trimester!!!  Commence happy dance!!

How Big Is Baby?
  • A fuzzy little peach in there!

Baby’s Development

  • Baby is forming teeth and vocal cords... savor this, their non-functional phase. Baby is approaching normal proportions, with a head now only one third the size of the body. Intestines are in the process of moving from the umbilical cord to baby's tummy. (Much more convenient.)
 

 How Big Is Mommy?
https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/?view=att&th=136751136ec021e1&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=1398175302286311424-1&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P-2E0kNkg943FpCNAY-2fyh&sadet=1334334422267&sads=BWZvcd5nxaLnJD0eippjRhs1Fe8
  •  Still just a tiny little bit of "blump", but my belly is starting to feel a little more firm... so maybe my bump is coming in after all...
How Am I feeling?
  • Physically:  Well.... I decided that today would be the magic day that my nausea would completely stop, cease, halt, disappear forever.  I made up my mind that today was going to be my first puke-free day since Thanksgiving.  Umm... fail.  Apparently I cannot order my body to do such things.  And so the saga continues...
  • Emotionally:  Thrilled that I am in my second trimester!!  I feel WAY more pregnant than I did yesterday (totally rational, right?)... but seriously... it's exciting.
Any new developments, milestones?  Anything new?
  • The NT scan went beautifully.  Our little baby actually looks like a... well... baby now!!  We could see it's little arms and legs waving around and were able to get some great pictures.  We won't have any official results until after my second round of blood work is processed (4 more weeks), but the tech said the measurements looked excellent so we are super happy.
  • We also told some of our Aunts, Uncles and close friends after the NT scan.  Joy shared is joy doubled... and this baby has already created a lot of joy and hope.
 Love/Hate:
  • Love:  Ultrasounds.  Even though I *know* there is a baby in there... seeing the little one wiggling around on the screen takes my breath away every time.  What an amazing piece of technology.... and what a gift to be able to see our little munchkin like that.
  • Hate:  Reglan.  The Zofran just didn't seem to be cutting it any more, so the OB offered to let me try Reglan.  Umm... good thing I had a 4 day weekend, because I couldn't even find the energy to pry myself off of my couch.  Even if it is only taking the edge off at this point, I am sticking with Zofran.
Any upcoming developments, milestones?  What's next?
  • Next appointment won't be for another 4 weeks... and next ultrasound won't be for another 8 weeks!!  Seems like sooooo far away!!  I think, in the meantime, I will be ordering a doppler to use at home.  Hearing our baby's heartbeat is such a wonderful sound (and huge sigh of relief when I am having a stressful day or worrying about the what-ifs)... and I think will be a wise investment.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment