1.11.2012

12 Week Check In

I have had my eye on the 12 week mark since the day I got a positive pregnancy test.  I have been anxiously awaiting this day for a while because at this point, if all is progressing well, the risk of miscarriage drops significantly.  That and it's pretty darn exciting to be 12 weeks pregnant.  :)

How Big Is Baby?

  • A plum, a plum!  Over 2 inches and almost half an ounce!  Grow, baby, grow!
 
Baby’s Development

  • As you move into the second trimester, baby shifts into the growth and maturation stage. After weeks in the critical development stage, almost all of baby's systems are fully formed.


How Big Is Mommy?
https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/?view=att&th=1367510cec3ed68d&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=1398175287004364800-1&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P-2E0kNkg943FpCNAY-2fyh&sadet=1334332376029&sads=JuBVJAIXUwH8ugNKm4RN_i1xzrshttps://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/?view=att&th=1367510cece1c72c&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=1398175271896481792-1&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P-2E0kNkg943FpCNAY-2fyh&sadet=1334332421202&sads=dOeurd4M3TSrwR2RuwTvDUjdZcw
  •  Lucy is helping me try to find my baby bump.  Where is it?!  Not so much there yet... but it will be soon.
How Am I feeling?
  • Physically:  I have reached a point over the past few days where I have decided that since I a most likely going to throw up anyway... I am just going to eat what I want and deal with the consequences (vs eating cardboard and still feeling crappy).  Last week I enjoyed a Burrito Bowl from Chipotle (twice... note to self, spicy food is probably not smart... it burns on the way back up... yeah).  Today I got a little out of control with my food binge... I made a separate post about it that you may enjoy.  But at this point, I just can't continue to eat Cheerios and pretzel sticks... I am miserable!!  So.... real food it iis... then praying to the porcelain  goddess it is.  What was that "Happy to feel crappy" nonsense again?  Ugh... come on second trimester... bring me some relief soon!
  • Emotionally:  Pretty good, despite how I feel physically.  I have a lot more time on my hands now without school and have found a few FB pages that I enjoy posting on.  I think my humor and ability to poke fun at myself will get me through the tough parts of this pregnancy.  Just.Keep.Laughing.
Any new developments, milestones?  Anything new?
  • Still nothing new.... but Kevin's birthday is tomorrow then our appointment and NT scan is on Friday!!  Very excited!
 Love/Hate:
  • Love:  Starbucks Salted Caramel Mocha or Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate... and before you jump on the "OMG are you allowed to drink coffee?!?!?" bus... the answer is yes, in moderation.
  • Hate:  That I can't keep down mac-n-cheese.  Anyone who knows me knows that I have an abnormal obsession with all things mac-n-cheese.  I actually have a whole entire cookboook of mac-n-cheese recipes.  I love the stuff... home made, at restaurants, experimental flavors (DH made me a Philly Cheese Steak Mac-N-Cheese that was to die for) and even the cheap boxed crap.  I love it.  And right now, I can't have it.  :(
Any upcoming developments, milestones?  What's next?
  • NT scan on Friday!!  Woot woot!!  The plan is to then go to Dinosaur BBQ to celebrate Kevin's late birthday (and seeing our baby again) if all goes well.  I'm sure I will regret Dino... but I don't care.  I am excited about seeing our little munchkin and about the possibility of real food!


No comments:

Post a Comment