8.04.2013

Kennedy's 1 Year, 1 Week Check In

Kennedy started off her first year of being a one year old with a fun week with Nana and Grandpa.  Kevin's parents and brother headed back to Pittsburgh on Monday morning, but my parents were able to stay and visit for the whole week.  We took a trip to the zoo and to the splash park.  Kevin and I even got to sneak in not one, but TWO date nights.  Yesterday, we took Lucy to the local Canine Carnival and they both had a blast!  It was an awesome week. 

How Big Is Baby?

  • Official weight is in... and I totally forgot it (mother of the year, thank you!).  I will check my paperwork later and update.  It was 19 pounds and something.  So not the 20 pounds I was guessing, but close.
  • Can't remember the height either, but I do know she was "long and lean, like a bean" according to Dr. Rufa
  • Clothing wise, she is in mostly 12 month clothes with some 18 month tee-shirts
  • Shoes... she is into her size 4 sandals comfortably now.  We also went to Target and picked out a pair of size 4 sneakers.  Love her chunky little Fred Flinstone feet, but finding shoes to fit them is not an easy task.
  • Full time cloth diapering. Size smalls and one size- fully extended on the rise and out 2 snaps at the waist

Development & Milestones
  • She is walking and trying to run.  She is very fast.
  • She is getting a little crazy with the climbing... onto her picnic table, onto the couch, onto the dog, into her wagon.
  • The count is still at 8, but her molars are coming soon, I think. 

Diet/Nursing
  • Nursing is wonderful.  This past week was World Breastfeeding Week and we certainly did our share of celebrating.  She has been comfort nursing a lot at night lately, but I love our snuggles.
  • No pumping this week, but I do have an awesome update on my milk donation... I finally made it through the first round of screening and my donor kit is on the way.  Next, I will send in a cheek swab, blood sample and freezer test.  My OB and K's pediatrician will have to clear us both... and THEN I can donate my milk!  So excited!
  • BLW was better this week.  Baby girl LOVED Nana's teriyaki chicken and ate a ton.  She also enjoyed pancakes, eggs, toast, lots of fruit and veggies and even some corn on the cob.

Sleep

  • Sleep has been good this week, all things considered.  Mommy was actually home at night all week, so we got lots of snuggles in.  She did wake a few times each night, but after a quick milk snack, she was back to sleep without any issues.
  • Same story with naps. Not her normal routine, but we made it work.  The only really rough day was yesterday when we went to the Canine Carnival.  She was tired and cranky, which is unusual for her.

Mommy & Daddy Check In
  • We are doign great!  I was on vacation all week and it.was.awesome!  I got to eat dinner at dinner time with my family.  I got to sleep at night time like a normal human being.  It really made me miss working a normal schedule.
  • Kevin had a busy week.  My dad did lots of work around the house and yard, so Kevin helped out when he got home from work.  He was exhausted by the end of the week, but the house looks much better!
  • We enjoyed a date night on Wednesday with dinner at Empire then dessert at Bittersweet.  On Friday, we went to our friends' wedding at Belhurst Castle in Geneva.  We had a blast!

Any appointments, visitors or outings? Anything else new?
  • Well... besides turning O-N-E on Monday...  :)
  • Kennedy had her one year check up on Tuesday.  She is a happy, healthy little girl.   Physically, she is growing beautifully.  Developmentally, she is meeting her milestones perfectly!  She did have a blood draw that really wasn't too terrible (she barely flinched for the finger poke, but was not a fan of having to sit still while the nurse squeezed her finger) and a few shots, which she didn't like.  All in all, it wasn't too bad.
  • Cloth diapering is still going great!!

Product Rave:
  • ?

Any upcoming developments, milestones? What's next?
  • Next appointment will be 15 months in October.

No comments:

Post a Comment