3.17.2013

Kennedy's 33 Week Check In


33 weeks, huh?  Wow... we're really getting up there.  Closing in quickly on 8 months and growing like a weed.  Baby girl has made big gains in the crawling (FORWARD) department this week.  Lucy will never have a moment's peace again.   
Enjoying her first piece of steak
  How Big Is Baby?
  • I think Kennedy has to be about 17 pounds by now.
  • She is in mostly 6 and 9 month outfits right now although I just found a 3 month sweater that still fits.  Yes, I did a little happy dance.
  • Remember last week when I said I think Kennedy wears a size 2 or 3 in baby shoes.  Well, by process of elimination (of a rather pricey pair of baby TOMS, grrr), I now know that she does NOT wear a size 2.  Try as I might to squish her chubby little Fred Flinstone feet, it was just not going to happen.  Now I have to wait to catch the TOMS on sale on Zulily again so I can get a size 3 (and by then she better not have grown into a 4!!!)
  • Full time cloth diapering. We are out one snap on each side and one snap on the rise on all of her dipes.  We have gone up a second snap on the rise on a few of her diapers and so far we are getting a great fit!

Development & Milestones  
  • BLW is still going great.  Kennedy's pincer grasp is excellet now as is her hand to mouth coordination.  She is doing really well with eating period.  We are so proud of her!
  • We finally have some forward movement!!!  And boy is she moving now.  It was like one night while I was at work, Kevin sent me a video of her inching forward... then the next day, BAM!  She was zooming around all over the place.  
  • Kennedy can pull herself up and take a few steps to straighten herself out now without any help.  She also likes to hold daddy's hands and practice walking.
  • She has been able to stand (after mommy gets her feet jussssst right) for a few seconds, but I am not counting it as standing on her own yet since she needs my help to get all set up.  Soon though.  Very soon.
  • No new words this week, but she says Ma Ma and Ba Ba (Lucy) all the time.  I think daddy is getting jealous waiting for his turn.

Diet/Nursing
  • Nursing is still going great!  Baby girl has tried to bite twice this week (OUCH!) but I think we are over that.  A soft but firm "no" and a break from nursing for a few minutes gets the point across.
  • Pumping at work has been great!!  I am waiting to get accepted as a donor so I can send off my extra milk.
  • BLW is great!!  This week Kennedy tried plums, strawberries, steak, chicken tenders from Smokey Bones and a quesadilla from Moe's (on Moe's Monday of course!).  She has been gobbling up omelets, toast, pineapple, kiwi, chicken and avacado like it's nobody's business.  Daddy also made Kennedy her very own baby pizza this week which she loved!!!
Sleep
  • Same story with the crib.  She spends the first half of the night in there.  I know by this point, most parents are dying for their little one to sleep through the night in their crib (if they aren't already), but this works for us.  :)
  • Sleep-wise, she is doing a little better with her early morning back to back nursing sessions.  Still up every few hours, but it's better than every 30-45 minutes.
  • Naps have been really great this week.  She is napping in her crib most of the time (unless mommy or daddy needs a nap too) and sleeping from 30 minutes to 2 hours at a stretch.
 
PP Mommy Check In

  • Staying about the same here.  Weather has been a beast so no outside activity.  Is it spring YET?
  • Right now I am about 119 lbs.  
  • *For reference, my highest pregnancy weight was 162, my pre-pregnancy weight was 130 and my goal weight is 125*  
 

How Is Daddy?
  • Kevin had another great week with baby girl.  She decided to show off her crawling skills to him first which, of course, gives him the bragging rights in the house for the time being.  I guess I'll let hi have this one.  :)
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Any appointments, visitors or outings?  Anything else new?
  • We finally decided to set up Kennedy's convertible car seat yesterday.  I'm not a huge fan of the way it is positioned in the car right now, but since it is snowing cats and dogs neither Kevin nor I really feel like monkeying around with it... sooo... Kennedy will be using her infant seat for a few more days.  She is well within the weight limit, so it's not a huge deal, but I am kind of excited (and a little sad) for her to move up to the next seat... and it will be nice to not have to carry the whole thing in and out of the sitter's house.  She is heavy!!!
  • Cloth diapering is still going great!! 

  Product Rave: 
  • This week I am totally loving her super cute baby TOMS... too bad they don't fit!!!  :(
  • Also loving the adorable St. Patty's Day diaper that Nana Lorrie (aka Gam Gam) sent.  How cute is this??
 
Any upcoming developments, milestones?  What's next?

  • Next pedi visit is at the end of April.

Picture Time
 

No comments:

Post a Comment