3.03.2013

Kennedy's 31 Week Check In

Another awesome week of being this little goof ball's mommy.  I am so very blessed.
  How Big Is Baby?
  • Kennedy is probably nearing 16 1/2 pounds.  She is growing so big and tall.
  • She is flying through her 6 month wardrobe very quickly and starting to fill out her 9 month outfits already.
  • Full time cloth diapering. We are out one snap on each side and one snap on the rise on all of her dipes.

Development & Milestones  
  • BLW is going great!  Bottom teeth look like they are all the way in and sharp as razors!!  I think she is starting to cut her top teeth now since the drool fest seems to have begun again.
  • Still no forward movement in the crawling department, but baby girl can crawl circles around me backwards.  She can also scooch on her butt for a pretty good distance.
  • Kennedy is getting even better at pulling herself up.  She is such a big girl!!
  • She picked up a new word this week... I'm not sure if it is "Ba Ba" or "Pa Pa", but whatever it is, I'm pretty sure it's her name for Lucy.  She will look at Lucy and just start talking up a storm.  It is the cutest thing!  She also "Ma Ma" like crazy for me.  Love it!!!  It is the best sound ever!!
Diet/Nursing
  • Nursing is going fabulous, as always!  I am so very lucky to have such a wonderful nursing relationship with baby girl.
  • Pumping at work has been great!!  I am beginning the donor process again to send off some of my frozen milk.  We need some freezer space back!
  • BLW is great!!  This week baby girl had her very first (of many many to come) grilled cheese sammy.  Daddy makes the BEST grilled cheese and I think Kennedy agrees already.  She also enjoyed tomato soup (well, of course... when you have grilled cheese, you have to have tomato soup!), mango, fish sticks and a few other goodies.
Sleep
  • Some progress this week with the crib transition.  Daddy has been able to get Kennedy to sleep in the crib, but when I come home and she nurses she will just not settle until she is back in bed with me.  It's not much, but it is progress and we'll take it!
  • Sleep-wise, she is pretty well set in her routine: a 1am feeding, a 5-6am feeding and then she is up for good at about 9am.
  • Naps have been really great this week.  I have been swaddling her again and she will sleep for an hour or more, twice a day.  I'm so glad this is back on track!
 
PP Mommy Check In

  • Back to my normal weight.  I have been making an effort to shop, cook and eat healthier this week and I actually feel a difference.  I feel more energetic and lighter, if that makes any sense.  Still no progress in the gym department, but I have been doing lots of CrossFit (my love!) at home.  All in all, a good week.
  • Right now I am about 122 lbs.  
  • *For reference, my highest pregnancy weight was 162, my pre-pregnancy weight was 130 and my goal weight is 125* 


How Is Daddy?
  • Kevin had a another great week with baby girl. 


Any appointments, visitors or outings?  Anything else new?
  • No appointments, no visitors, no interesting outings.  Winter in Syracuse is very boring.
  •  Cloth diapering is still going great!! 


  Product Rave: 
  • We are starting to pull out some of Kennedy's big girl toys and this week she is really loving her Fisher Price walker to wagon.  She doesn't quite understand the walker part yet, but she loves to sit in front of it and smack around all of the fun toys attached to it.
 
Any upcoming developments, milestones?  What's next?

  • Next up will be another visit to the pedi for the flu shot booster on Tuesday.
  • Hopefully we will have some forward motion in the crawling department soon.  :)
 
Picture Time:



No comments:

Post a Comment