- I think Kennedy is about 16 1/2 pounds. She is tall for her age also.
- She is in mostly 6 and 9 month outfits right now.
- Since she is beginning to pull herself up and work on walking, we are starting to try out shoes. I think she is a size 2 or 3, but baby shoes are really difficult to size right (and to actually get her to wear). I think she is going to be more of a barefoot babe, just like her mama.
- Full time cloth diapering. We are out one snap on each side and one snap on the rise on all of her dipes. We have gone up a second snap on the rise on a few of her diapers and so far we are getting a great fit!
Development & Milestones
- BLW is still going great. Baby girl is really do well with her hand/eye and hand to mouth coordination. Her pincer grasp is a work in progress, but I definitely notice an improvement since we began.
- We are inching closer to forward movement in the crawling department. Kennedy rocks and scooches and lurches forward, but she still does not have the coordinated legs/arms thing in her favor yet. We are practicing with her daily, and I just know one of these days, likely very soon, she is just going to take right off.
- Kennedy can pull herself up on just about anything now, although her favorite thing to use is Daddy. :)
- No new words this week, but Ma Ma and Ba Ba (Lucy) are heard often around this house. Love those sounds!!
- Nursing is still going wonderfully. I *think* I may have noticed a small drop in supply, but I'm not completely sure. Baby girl still seems satisfied after each nursing session and I am still pumping about the same amount, but I feel less full. Not sure what that means, but we will keep calm and nurse on. Part of me would like to see her wean in the near future so I can start my cycle again and we can get ready to try for baby #2 (Eeeeek!!) but part of me enjoys nursing baby girl so much that I am just not ready to even think about stopping yet.
- Pumping at work has been great!! I am beginning the donor process again to send off some of my frozen milk. We need some freezer space back!
- BLW is great!! This week Kennedy tried egg whites then a full egg omelet, bacon (my kind of girl!), pork tenderloin, roasted peppers, pizza bake, frozen mango, kiwi, pears and a few other goodies. She is almost 100% eating whatever Kevin and I eat which is wonderful!
- Still about half and half with the crib. Daddy is really good about getting her to fall asleep in there... I am really terrible about getting her to fall back asleep in there after she nurses. Some day, maybe before college, she will spend a full night in her room.
- Sleep-wise, she had a few days of several small nursing sessions between 5am and 8am. I'm not sure what that is all about, but I'm not a fan. She would wake up about every 30 minutes-1 hour from 5-8. Blech!! Doesn't she know I am not a morning person??!?
- Naps have been really great this week. I feel like I have her nap routine down much better. Yay me!! Kevin tells me she has also been napping great for him (ahem WITH him) in the afternoon. Hey, whatever works I guess.
PP Mommy Check In
- Dropped another few pounds this week. And now that I am typing this, it hits me that perhaps that is the culprit behind the change in fullness/supply. Who knows. I feel great. I have been working out and eating healthy this week and I'm feeling really positive. Tomorrow is supposed to be a beautiful day and I am taking baby girl out for a run. Look out!! The weather is breaking and I am transforming back into the smoothie slurping run nazi Monica that you all know and love!!
- Oh... some (minor) progress in the gym department. I FINALLY went to take a peek at Gold's, to see if it was worth it... and I'm on the fence. Although I learned as I was leaving that they offer swim lessons for the littles, so I think I'm going to just do it. Kevin is getting a gym membership too. He doesn't know this yet and he may not like it, but it HAS to be done. :)
- Right now I am about 119 lbs.
- *For reference, my highest pregnancy weight was 162, my pre-pregnancy weight was 130 and my goal weight is 125*
How Is Daddy?
- Kevin really is like... umm... the BEST dad on the planet. Seriously. This guy washes and folds laundry, washes (and stuffs) cloth diapers, totally supports babyled weaning, handles bottle washing and babywears (Ergo and ring sling... not a fan of wraps... yet)!! How did I get so lucky!!
Any appointments, visitors or outings? Anything else new?
- Another boring week, but the light at the end of the long dreary boring winter tunnel is near!!
- Cloth diapering is still going great!!
- This week I am loving her Ergo more than usual. As she gets heavier, long outings in the ring sling are becoming a little less comfortable. I still love my ring sling for short trips to the grocery store and what not, but for long walks around the mall or neighborhood, I am reaching for my Ergo. I love that Kevin and I can both use it without having to undo or change too much. He loves it to use for walks also.
Any upcoming developments, milestones? What's next?
- Next up will be another visit to the pedi for the flu shot booster on Tuesday.
- Hopefully we will have some forward motion in the crawling department soon. :)