11.25.2012

Kennedy's 17 Week Check In

This past week has been absolutely amazing!  My parents and brother drove all the way up from Florida (drove ALL night long!!) to spend Thanksgiving with us.  It was so wonderful to have them here!  They are leaving tomorrow, but this week has just been so wonderful!




How Big Is Baby?

  • Kennedy is  probably 13- 13 1/2 pounds.
  • Almost all of her 0-3 month clothes and some of her 3 month clothes are retired.  She is wearing mostly 3-6 and 6 month clothes now.  Big girl!
  • Full time cloth diapering. One size and smalls with one medium fleece soaker and 3 more on the way.
Development & Milestones
  • Kind of a big deal... KENNEDY ROLLED OVER!!  She still has a tough time getting her arm out from underneath her, but she successfully rolled from back to tummy.  What a big girl!!
  • Kennedy has been smiling and "talking" up a storm this week.  Her little personality is really starting to develop and it is just the coolest thing.
  • Baby girl loves her Grandma, Grandpa and Uncle Mike.  She has really enjoyed all of the hugs, kisses and extra attention she has gotten this week.  Very loved and sorta spoiled little girl.  :)
  • Kennedy has also taken a new interest in her BFF Lucy.  I think this is only the very beginning of a super sweet and fun friendship.
  • I think she is starting to teethe... fun stuff.  For the most part, she hasn't seemed too terribly uncomfortable... just lots and lots of extra drool.  She has been wearing an amber necklace (usually around her ankle under a sock) for a few weeks now and I am hoping this will help to get her through with little to no medication for it.  We did use Tylenol once or twice over the past few days when she was having a particularly rough time.  Poor baby girl.  I hope these teeth cut soon so she isn't so uncomfortable.
Diet/Nursing
  • Nursing is still going great!
  • Pumping at work has been ok.  Once again there were a few nights where I was unable to pump, which sucks (and HURTS!), but that's just the way it goes with floor nursing.
Sleep
  • Still sleeping in 4 hour stretches, consistently now.  I usually get home around 12:30-1am and nurse her, then she sleeps until Kevin gets up for work at 5:30 (sometimes waking up once in between), then it's back to bed until 8:30-9:30am.  Not too bad.
  • Naps are going great!  She naps once in the morning and once in the afternoon, usually for about an hour.
PP Mommy Check In
  • I have no idea what I weigh this week since Kevin stole the battery for my scale to use for the garage door opener.  I feel pretty good... maybe a little bloated from all of the yummy Thanksgiving leftovers... I will get a new battery so I will be able to keep better track.
  • Right now I probably weigh about 125 lbs.  
  • *For reference, my highest pregnancy weight was 162, my pre-pregnancy weight was 130 and my goal weight is 125* 
How Is Daddy?
  • Kevin is doing awesome.  I think he really enjoyed having my brother around this week to commiserate with, lol.  As far as daddy-ing goes, in my eyes (and in Kennedy's eyes)... he's #1.
Any appointments, visitors or outings?  Anything else new?
  • 5 whole days with Grandma, Grandpa and Uncle Mike... how much better could it get?  It's been an awesome week!!
  • Oh and Kennedy saw SNOW for the very first time yesterday!  I don't really think she cares much about the white stuff just yet, but Lucy was running around like a crazy puppy enjoying some play time out in the cold.  So cute!
  • Cloth diapering is still going great!! 
  Product Love: 
  •  
Any upcoming developments, milestones?  What's next?
  • Next pediatrician appointment for Kennedy is Wednesday morning.  Not really looking forward to another round of shots, but I am kind of excited to see how big she has gotten.
 Picture Time!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment