11.18.2012

Kennedy's 16 Week Check In

Every day this little girl amazes me.  Sometimes it's hard for me to believe she is already 16 weeks old, it seems like just yesterday I was feeling her kick and roll in my belly.  Other times it's hard to believe she is only 16 weeks old, it's hard to remember what my life was like before I held her in my arms...



How Big Is Baby?

  • Kennedy is  probably just over 13 pounds.
  • Almost all of her 0-3 month clothes and some of her 3 month clothes are retired.  She is wearing mostly 3-6 and 6 month clothes now.  Big girl!
  • Full time cloth diapering. One size and smalls.  Added a fleece soaker- size Medium- to the mix as well.  Medium!!  gulp!!
Development & Milestones
  • Kennedy just loves her hands.  She slobbers and drools on them constantly.
  • This week she has been really interested in mommy and daddy's faces.  She loves to touch them (and slap them) while we are snuggling.
  • We introduced the Bumbo seat this week and she LOVES it!!  I will have to pick up the tray for the seat this week because she drops/throws her rattle or lovie and can't pick it up, but she really loves sitting like a big girl in her new seat.
Diet/Nursing
  • Nursing is still going great!
  • Pumping at work was much better this week.  My freezer stash is outrageous and I may need to donate some of my stored milk soon because I am almost completely out of room.
Sleep
  • Still sleeping in 4 hour stretches, consistently.  I am thinking we are going to stay at this length for a long time and, you know what, that's ok.  I am starting to enjoy my middle of the night nursing sessions with her.  I read her stories or sing to her and she looks at me with the sweetest, sleepiest smiles.  I love it!
  • Naps are pretty good.  She has been napping in her crib like a big girl, but only sleeps for maybe an hour stretch.
PP Mommy Check In
  • I actually lost a few pounds this week, so I am now under my goal weight.. but with Thanksgiving around the corner I'm sure I will be back up soon.  :)
  • Right now I weigh about 123 lbs.  
  • *For reference, my highest pregnancy weight was 162, my pre-pregnancy weight was 130 and my goal weight is 125* 
How Is Daddy?
  • Kevin is doing great!!  He has really gotten into his daddy groove.  It is so amazing to see him interact with his baby girl.  She has him wrapped around her teeny little finger already.
Any appointments, visitors or outings?  Anything else new?
  • Nothing new this week!
  • Cloth diapering is still going great!! 
  Product Love: 
  • Bumbo seatBaby girl loves hanging out in her big girl seat and I love that I can set her down and clean a room while she plays and talks.
Any upcoming developments, milestones?  What's next?
  • Next pediatrician appointment for Kennedy is next week.  More shots.  Boo!!
Picture Time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment