How Big Is Baby?
- Kennedy is likely 13 pounds now. Wowza!!
- We are slowly retiring, one by one, her 0-3 and 3 month clothes. Working our way into 3-6 and 6 month outfits. Yikes!!
- Full time cloth diapering. One size and smalls.
Development & Milestones
- Kennedy is still fascinated with her fingers and hands. She loves chewing and slobbering on them.
- She still loves her lovie! We now take it with us to the sitters house.
- Still hasn't rolled over yet. She enjoys hanging out on her tummy, side or back... just not really into rolling yet. One of these days.
- She is very very good at sitting supported. I am beginning to wonder if she will sit before she rolls.
practicing sitting with mommy :)
- Nursing is still going great!
- Pumping at work has been especially difficult this week. 3 nights (2 of them in a row!) I was unable to pump which makes for a very painful end of shift. One of the nights I actually hooked up my pump in the car and pumped on the drive home. I just couldn't take the engorgement any more.
- Still sleeping in 4 hour stretches. And, unfortunately, when she does wake up to nurse she actually stays up for an hour or so now. Soooo sleepy!!
- Naps are still great! 2 hours in the morning for me. Daddy has been having a tough time with her afternoon nap and getting her to go to sleep at night, but that's his problem. ha!! Just kidding. ;P
- Still at my goal weight. God bless breastfeeding and those extra 500 calories a day.
- Right now I weigh about 125 lbs.
- *For reference, my highest pregnancy weight was 162, my pre-pregnancy weight was 130 and my goal weight is 125*
How Is Daddy?
- Kevin is doing wonderfully. He began his new job at the VA and is much happier. He has really gotten into a routine with Kennedy at night and I am so so proud of him. It's not easy to hold down the fort alone at night and he is doing a fabulous job! I am so lucky to have such a wonderful husband and father to our little girl.
Any appointments, visitors or outings? Anything else new?
- Nothing new really. No appointments, no visits. It's been a quiet (knock on wood) week.
- Cloth diapering is still going great!!
- Love: Mommy's Bliss Gripe Water. Magic juice. :) This has been a lifesaver this week as Kennedy has had some tummy discomfort and possible reflux issues. We dip her pacifier in the gripe water and it really seems to help soothe/settle her. Love this stuff!!
- Hate: Reflux. I hate seeing my baby uncomfortable. Hopefully this is just a phase that passes quickly.
- Next pediatrician appointment for Kennedy is at the end of November.