11.04.2012

Kennedy's 14 Week Check In

At some point I will probably stop counting weeks and start counting in months... but I'm just not ready for it yet.  Time is flying by at an astounding pace... another year has passed for me, another "first" holiday for Kennedy, and another season is beginning.  As I type this, Kennedy is napping peacefully on one side and Lucy is snoring away on the other.  Kevin is counting down til his Steelers game kick off.  I wish I could stop the clock and live in this moment forever.  


How Big Is Baby?

  • Kennedy weighed in at 12 lbs 14 oz on Thursday.  My big girl!!
  • We have started to retire some of her 3 month footed jammies... she is just too tall for them.  Her 3 month tops, onesies and pants still fit, but not for long!
  • Full time cloth diapering. One size and smalls.
Development & Milestones
  • Kennedy is just absolutely in love with her hands.  She slobbers on, chews on and drools all over them all.the.time.  She is getting better at reaching for objects, grabbing them and holding them.  
  • Her favorite thing to play with this week is her lovie.  It is so cute to watch her pick it up and try to chew on it.  She has fallen asleep for naps holding onto it and it is just adorable!
  • Still hasn't rolled over yet.  She has gotten *this close* then just kind of hangs out on her side for a while.
  • She is getting very good at sitting supported.  She is still really slouchy, but able to balance very well with some support.
Diet/Nursing
  • Nursing is still going great!
  • Pumping at work is... well... you do what you've gotta do, right?  It's not easy, it's not fun, but it's so worth it.  
  • I did accomplish a new feat this week.  I pumped in the car, while driving, safely.  Yep.  I had somewhere I had to go, no time to pump before and no time to pump when I got there... so I hooked everything up and hit the road.  I had 2 full bottles by the time I got to my destination.  Could you imagine having to explain that mess if I got pulled over?  Lol.  Good thing I followed all the rules.
Sleep
  • Still sleeping in 4 hour stretches.  It's not ideal, but I'll take it.  She has been getting much better at self soothing too, so when she does wake up and nurse she seems to fall back asleep easier if I put her down before she is completely out.
  • Naps are still great!  She usually takes a good 2 hour-ish nap in the morning and another 2 hour-ish nap in the early evening.
PP Mommy Check In
  • Still hanging at my goal weight!!  Woot woot!!
  • Right now I weigh about 125 lbs.  
  • *For reference, my highest pregnancy weight was 162, my pre-pregnancy weight was 130 and my goal weight is 125* 
How Is Daddy?
  • Kevin is doing great!!  Yesterday was his last day at his kitchen job and he was very happy to close that chapter in his career.  Monday begins a new adventure with crazy overnight hours, but I am excited to see him moving forward with his goals.
Any appointments, visitors or outings?  Anything else new?
  • Kennedy had her sweat test on Thursday.  I didn't blog about this in advance because A. I didn't want to freak anyone out and B. I was a little freaked out myself.  Back when she was first born, she had a positive screen for Cystic Fibrosis on her PKU.  It is just a screening tool, so they follow up with a sweat test after the baby is 1 month old to either confirm CF or rule it out completely.  For the sweat test, they place leads on the baby's skin that collect sweat.  The leads stay on for about 30-60 minutes then the sweat is sent to the lab for testing.  It is non-invasive and Kennedy barely noticed.  In the afternoon, we met with a pulmonologist and genetic counselor and were blessed to hear that her test came back negative!!!  (Huge sigh of relief!!)  Kennedy is likely a carrier, but does not have Cystic Fibrosis.
  • Cloth diapering is still going great!! 
  Love/Hate: 
  • Love: Kennedy's lovie.  She loves it and it is so cute to watch her face light up when I hand it to her.
  • Hate:  Cold weather.  Aside from the obvious reasons, it is difficult to find nursing friendly tops that work in this weather and who the heck wants to strip down to their tank top to nurse when it's 40 degrees outside.  Dear maternity/nursing fashion world... please invent more cute nursing friendly sweaters.
Any upcoming developments, milestones?  What's next?
  • Next pediatrician appointment for Kennedy is at the end of November.
Picture Time!!
I couldn't get her to stop chewing on her hands long enough to get a good picture!  lol

No comments:

Post a Comment