7.04.2012

37 Week Check In

FULL TERM!!!  Wowee!!!  This means that baby can make their appearance, safely, any day now.  Any day... I can't believe we are here!!  This is just mind blowing.  Last night, I browsed through some of my older check-ins... (yes another teary-eyed moment of bitter sweetness)... I am so so happy and thankful to be here.  Next up... Baby time!!!

How Big Is Baby?
 

  • Melon!!  Holy big baby!!  I can't believe I'm going to have to push something that size... never mind... I don't really want to think about it right now.  :?
Baby’s Development
  • Around 37 weeks, many moms-to-be find themselves organizing cupboards and scrubbing their floors. That’s the nesting instinct kicking in as my body senses baby will be here shortly.
  • At this point, baby's organs and body systems are fully developed and ready for the real world...  baby is still growing though... gaining half an ounce a day!  Grow baby grow!
How Big Is Mommy?
  • I think I may have started to drop, at least a little bit.  It's hard to tell from the pictures though because they all have a different background (note to self: next pregnancy, take weekly bump picture in the exact same place every week!).
How Am I feeling?
  • Physically:  Great!  I can feel baby's position now and know that s/he is head down.  I feel lots of stretching and kicking up near my ribs (ouch!) and little squirmy hand movements down low.  I have also seen and felt hiccups and practice breathing.  Truly amazing.  Umm... as for me, my feet hurt like a sonofagun... but otherwise I am doing great.  Back pain seems to have lessened a bit, which is also worth celebrating.
  • Emotionally: In complete shock that we are full term.  I still don't think the whole baby-could-be-here-any-day has full sunk in yet, but we are just super excited.
Any new developments, milestones?  Anything new?
  • I had an appointment on Monday, which went well.  I had my GBS (Group B Strep) test done, which was no big deal.  I was hoping for an internal check, but it was still a little too early to start those... so next week.  The OB did say the baby was "way low!" and commended me on my ball bouncing.  :)  Guess it was worth it.  For now, I am to continue ball bouncing, walking, warm baths, RRL tea and EPO supplements.  Hopefully all of this hard work before will make labor a little smoother.
 Love/Hate:
  • Love:  Still obsessing over fresh cherries, frozen grapes and tomato/cucumber salad.  Nom Nom.  Oh... and Kevin and I made some turkey burgers the other night (note to self: must post recipe) that were to die for!!  My new favorite burger!!
  • Hate:  I might have to think for a little while on this one.  :)
Any upcoming developments, milestones?  What's next?
  • Next appointment is one week from today.  I will be 38 weeks and will hopefully get my first internal exam which should tell us if we are progressing toward labor.  :)  Oh my gosh... LABOR!!!  Yikes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment