FULL TERM!!! Wowee!!! This means that baby can make their appearance, safely, any day now. Any day... I can't believe we are here!! This is just mind blowing. Last night, I browsed through some of my older check-ins... (yes another teary-eyed moment of bitter sweetness)... I am so so happy and thankful to be here. Next up... Baby time!!!
How Big Is Baby?
- Melon!! Holy big baby!! I can't believe I'm going to have to push something that size... never mind... I don't really want to think about it right now. :?
- Around 37 weeks, many moms-to-be find themselves organizing cupboards and scrubbing their floors. That’s the nesting instinct kicking in as my body senses baby will be here shortly.
- At this point, baby's organs and body systems are fully developed and ready for the real world... baby is still growing though... gaining half an ounce a day! Grow baby grow!
How Big Is Mommy?
- I think I may have started to drop, at least a little bit. It's hard to tell from the pictures though because they all have a different background (note to self: next pregnancy, take weekly bump picture in the exact same place every week!).
How Am I feeling?
- Physically: Great! I can feel baby's position now and know that s/he is head down. I feel lots of stretching and kicking up near my ribs (ouch!) and little squirmy hand movements down low. I have also seen and felt hiccups and practice breathing. Truly amazing. Umm... as for me, my feet hurt like a sonofagun... but otherwise I am doing great. Back pain seems to have lessened a bit, which is also worth celebrating.
- Emotionally: In complete shock that we are full term. I still don't think the whole baby-could-be-here-any-day has full sunk in yet, but we are just super excited.
Any new developments, milestones? Anything new?
- I had an appointment on Monday, which went well. I had my GBS (Group B Strep) test done, which was no big deal. I was hoping for an internal check, but it was still a little too early to start those... so next week. The OB did say the baby was "way low!" and commended me on my ball bouncing. :) Guess it was worth it. For now, I am to continue ball bouncing, walking, warm baths, RRL tea and EPO supplements. Hopefully all of this hard work before will make labor a little smoother.
- Love: Still obsessing over fresh cherries, frozen grapes and tomato/cucumber salad. Nom Nom. Oh... and Kevin and I made some turkey burgers the other night (note to self: must post recipe) that were to die for!! My new favorite burger!!
- Hate: I might have to think for a little while on this one. :)
Any upcoming developments, milestones? What's next?
- Next appointment is one week from today. I will be 38 weeks and will hopefully get my first internal exam which should tell us if we are progressing toward labor. :) Oh my gosh... LABOR!!! Yikes!!!