7.25.2012

40 Week Check In

So today is the day we have been counting down to since we first saw those two pink lines.  Today is our due date and, while it's pretty clear that baby will not be joining us today... it's still a very exciting milestone.  I can't believe we really made it to 40 weeks!!  Back in November it seemed like this day would never come... and now that it's here, it seems like time November 11th was just yesterday.  What happened?  Where did the time go?  As excited as I am to become a mom and to finally meet my little wiggle worm... I'm not sure that I am ready to not be pregnant any more.  :)  Ready or not though, this little one will be joining us very very soon!!  Eeeeeek!!!
How Big Is Baby?


  • So apparently, this is a jackfruit.  I really have no idea what a jackfruit is, or what it tastes like.... but I can tell you that it takes up an awful lot of room in my belly.  Cheers to my baby jackfruit!!
Baby’s Development
  • Baby will be here at any moment!
How Big Is Mommy?
 
  • Oh yes, ladies and gentlemen... that's right... 40 weeks pregnant and wearing- make that ROCKING- some super cute wedge heels.  Go me!!!
How Am I feeling?
  • Physically:  All things considered, I feel pretty darn good.  I haven't felt any contractions and, although several people have told me I look like I have "dropped" (and for each that has said I dropped, another has said that I am still carrying very high... lol)... I really haven't felt a thing.  Laying in bed isn't super comfortable, but I am so exhausted after a long day of work (yes, I am still working... go me again!!) that I usually have no probably falling right to sleep.
  • Emotionally:  I am so excited to meet this little one... but at the same time not ready to not be pregnant anymore.  What a twisted combination of emotions.  I can't believe how fast the time has flown by and I am doing my best to savor every last moment that I have left.  It's crazy to think that baby could be here any day!! 
Any new developments, milestones?  Anything new?
  • My appointment last Thursday went really well.  I discussed by birth plan with my OB, we reviewed signs/symptoms of labor and what would happen if I went past my due date.  I am scheduled for my "post due" appointment tomorrow.
     Love/Hate:
    • Love:  The look on people's faces when they ask when I am due and I respond "today"... priceless!!!
    • Hate:  That the end of this amazing, emotional, exciting, terrifying pregnancy journey is almost over.  I wish I could hit pause for a few and just soak it all in.
    Any upcoming developments, milestones?  What's next?
    • Next appointment is TOMORROW!!!  :)  I am scheduled for an ultrasound (to check size, position and fluid level), an internal check (to check dilation and effacement) and a Non-Stress Test (to check for contractions and make sure baby is handling everything ok).  Fingers crossed for a good appointment and the thumbs up to allow baby to keep cooking just one more week!!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment