7.18.2012

39 Week Check In

39 weeks!!  One week until our official due date, but (hopefully) 2 more weeks until baby's arrival.  Either way, we are so so SO close!!
How Big Is Baby?

  • Watermelon!!  Schnikies!!!  That's humongous!!
Baby’s Development
  • Baby will be able to flex his/her limbs at this point and his fingernails may extend past his/her fingertips..
How Big Is Mommy?
 
  • I really don't feel like I have gotten all that much bigger, which is probably a good thing.
How Am I feeling?
  • Physically:  The foot swelling and pain is out of control this week.  I have started wearing compression stockings to work every day (holy hotness, by the way)... but this swelling is relentless.  Back pain is also coming back with a vengeance, but then again I shouldn't expect to feel like a million bucks at 9 months pregnant, right?  In some ways I am glad that the end of this pregnancy is nearing because it is starting to take it's toll on my body....
  • Emotionally: ... but in other ways I am sad, scared, over-the-moon happy, excited, scared, nervous and umm... scared that we will have this baby in our arms SO SOON!!!  I mean... who approved this?  Lol.  I couldn't be happier to be {this close} to being a mommy... but then again... what the heck do I know about being a mom?  I am also still struggling with the bittersweetness of not feeling the baby in my belly any more.
Any new developments, milestones?  Anything new?
  • Nothing new really since last week.  I have felt a few random cramps and such, but no contractions to speak of.  Next appointment is tomorrow, so we will see what's cooking.  :)
  • We did get to attend a friend's baby shower this past Sunday.  They are due exactly one month to the day after us and it has been pretty cool to shares the ups and downs of pregnancy together.  The shower was a lot of fun.
 Love/Hate:
  • Love:  Frozen grapes are still my refreshing snack of the moment.  I bring a bag of grapes to work everyday and toss them in the freezer when I get there... then on my way home I have a nice cool snack!
  • Hate:  Still hating my fat elephant feet.
Any upcoming developments, milestones?  What's next?
  • Next appointment is TOMORROW!!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment