6.27.2012

36 Week Check In

One more week until full term... I have been bouncing on my birthing ball, logging lots of miles at work, drinking Red Raspberry Leaf Tea and taking Evening Primrose Oil supplements.  :)  I am doing everything I can to encourage this baby to do the opposite of mommy and make a timely arrival.  Care to take any bets on whether he/she will arrive socially early, right on time, or fashionably late?

How Big Is Baby?
 

  • Cantalope, honeydew... melon of some sort, right?  Grow baby grow!!
Baby’s Development
  • Baby is getting closer and closer to being able to breathe on his or her own.
How Big Is Mommy?
  • I am still large and in charge... and someone actually told me they think I have dropped a little.  I don't know if this is true or not, but it sure made me feel good.
How Am I feeling?
  • Physically:  Still going strong.  Like I said above, I have been walking a ton and bouncing on my ball for about an hour a night.  I'm doing what I can to stay in great shape to help make the birth and recovery as smooth as possible.
  • Emotionally: Really really happy.  I catch myself standing in the nursery staring off into space, daydreaming about how there will be a little one in here really soon.  So excited!!  (and still kinda sad about the end of the pregnancy... but very very happy regardless)
Any new developments, milestones?  Anything new?
  • Well I had an appointment on Friday... another boring quickie.... BUT... I did find out that baby is still head down (YAY!!!) although kind of high... hence all of the ball bouncing, walking, supplements, etc.   The OB is not concerned at all and thinks we can get baby headed south soon.  I still have plenty of time (4 weeks until my due date), but it's nice to talk about progress and have a goal to work towards for the next appointment.  I feel like I can do something proactive, instead of just sit around and wait, which is kind of cool.  Hoping for some progress by the next appointment.  Oh and also, the OB said she thinks the baby will be a little on the smaller side... which I am totally ok with as long as he/she is healthy.  I do love fat babies (chubby cheeks!!  Squeee!)... but I'm sure our little chunk muffin will... well... chunk up soon.
 Love/Hate:
  • Love:  Fresh cherries and frozen grapes... oh my goodness... I could make a meal out of them!  The cherries right now are super ripe and delicious... and frozen green grapes are super refreshing on a hot summer day.
  • Hate:  I'm really not loving meat lately.  Chicken ok... but beef and pork... meh.  I am no where near a vegetarian, by any means... but with the heat I just have no desire to eat anything hot really.  It's strange.  I swear I could live off of salads, fresh veggies and fresh fruit right now.  I have no doubt I will return to my meat and comfort food ways as soon as the weather cools off some.
Any upcoming developments, milestones?  What's next?
  • Next appointment is Friday!!  I know it will be just another boring quickie.... but I think it's my last boring quickie... which is awesome.  After that.... GBS test and the internal checks begin.  The end is so so so close!!
  • Next milestone will be 37 weeks...  FULL TERM!! Can't believe it 's next week already!  WOW!!

No comments:

Post a Comment